WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

rochellereavis
09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Pretty long question. I am going to have a booth in a small town craft fair. i did finally find one with only a $10.00 fee! I'm so excited! I am also doing a Multi-vendor Holiday Open House the next day. BUSY weekend, I know. I don't want to order too much product or not enough.

I didn't sell very much at my first show and I had ordered way too much. So I don't know how much I should cut it down. Cuz since it is going to be closer to the Holidays, I figure more people will be likely tobuy. How many jar candlesshould I order?

And, also has anyone ever made the votive roses? Whereare the directionson how tomake these? Are they very time consuming?

Thanks!

FlickerScents
10-01-2008, 03:41 AM
I always have about 18 jars with me..2-SOCP, 2-French Vanilla, -Hot apple pie and then a mix of others. I take votives, melts, pies, buns,soap. I dont mess with the crafty items...I sell how the product comes to us.
If you dont have some thing they want normally the people live close by for pickup.
Hope this helps.

CAM2008
10-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Rochelle...

I will email you the directions for the votive roses. Did you get that CV sheet I emailed the other day?

DebraFerrie
10-01-2008, 05:20 AM
I also have about 18 -24 jars as well as some melts, votives, buns and bars. A few pies too but for some reason, they dont sell well for me so I stick to a nice jar display.
I don't do any crafts..somepeople love them but time is money and to me, the profitis too low for me to spend that time . But like I said, others love it, so to each their own.

rochellereavis
10-01-2008, 06:38 AM
Yes I did get the CV sheet. Thanks! Thanks for all the advice ladies!

DebClough
10-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi Rochelle,

There are step by step directions for making votive roses in the Back Office/Crafters Corner. (By the way, if you know of someone sporting orthodontic-wear, those tiny elastics work very well for securing the tulle!)

Also, I was just browsing the Uline catalog and I see that they have "sleeves" and "boxes" for flowers....might be really cute way to package, esp. for Valentine's Day gift giving.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Goodluck!

DebClough
10-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Hi Debra,
Just wanted to share an idea for displaying the pies. At a recent fair, we took one of each of the pies out, put them on a cooling rack (like what you'd use for cookies). Behind that display, we had a picnic basket filled with the gift boxes. The display was very attention getting and the pies got picked up and sniffed over and over again. People loved them, and best of all, they bought them. When we interacted with our shoppers, we pointed out that they're triple wicked, and hand-painted, really "works of art' and that they burn beautifully.

Goodluck!

DebraFerrie
10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey Deb!
Thanks for that idea. Must look so pretty!

I agree the visual helps. Maybe I'll try it this year..have 2 school fairs lined up at the moment.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

FlickerScents
10-01-2008, 10:28 AM
That isa great idea. I am also keeping my eye out for a child size oven...looking for something metal. I think that would be cute to have the oven door open and some on top of the stovetop.

joli
10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
You mean like a Betty Crocker Easy Bake oven? That would be a cute display!smileys/smiley4.gif

DebClough
10-02-2008, 09:42 AM
That is a great idea, Jennie.
I remember my Easy Bake oven. I loved it (much more than the one I got in adulthood, LOL!).

On the topic of pies, though...
http://www.deb.scent-team.com/images/strawberry_pie_sm.jpg
<CENTER></CENTER>

FlickerScents
10-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Is that a new strawberry pie?
Yes, I do mean an Easy Bake...I love to cook now and it all started with my EB oven. I used to make everything in it!
I am still searching for the oven. I saw a mini cast iron stove/oven but it was to heavy to cart around, and expensive.

joli
10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for posting that pic Deb! That sure is a beautiful pie!smileys/smiley2.gif

Gonna have to get a few pies for myself to enjoy......That strawberry cream and the key lime pie look scrumptious!

joli
10-02-2008, 09:59 AM
You should try Ebay. You might be able to get a used one for cheap. Let us know if you find anything!

Yolanda in New York

FlickerScents
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
That is a great idea!! I will do that tonight.

FlickerScents
10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Oh my goodness...Ebay is loaded with EB ovens. I am going to tell on myself but the ones I remember are called Vintage..I think they are the most realistic looking.
Happy Shopping!