Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Sales & Marketing > Affiliate Marketing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Lightbulb Any Successful Affiliate Marketers?

I just got started with affiliate marketing.

Anyone making a living off it?

If so, what advice would you say to a newbie like myself?

-Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:12 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've been using affiliate marketing for years now. I'm not wealthy from the model, but use it as part of a "multiple streams of income" online method. Affiliate marketing is one of my stronger income streams.

Best advice? Honesty. Promote things you know and actually love. Keep credibility and trust with your readers.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Lightbulb

That makes sense.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to homegrandmom
Default Thanks

Thanks Alison, good luck robledo1
Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Good advice Alison.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Super WAHM

Default Solid advice.

That is great advice about being honest. It's a trait that can really help you do well in affiliate marketing. I think that also by being honest you are recommending products/services that you agree with you are more passionate about that industry. Your passion shows through and people will get that you are excited about it.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:17 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm a full-time affiliate marketer and have been for about 6 years. It definitely is not a "get rich quick" kind of thing. I put in as many hours as any other small business owner. But what makes me so passionate about it is that I control everything myself--how much I work, how much I make, what I promote, etc. There's a lot to learn, but there are some fabulous free resources out there for newbies!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered WAHM

I have been part time (with a full time income) for over 3 years. I don't do much affiliate marketing any more. My business model is PLR and MRR niche sites. I prefer 100% commissions
Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Super WAHM

I've only recently begun affiliate marketing, but am starting to see some results. It's just a middle of the night, when I find the time kind of thing.

But, I was recently on a list building webinar training and one of the guys was a top 100 ClickBank affiliate. So we're talking 6 figure income (he showed us live on the webinar logging into his backend of ClickBank).

This was his method and I agree with it. You write a quick report and give it away for free, but they have to opt-in to your list to get it. Then you immediately try and sell an inexpensive item (less than $10). Then a few days later you promote a higher end offer. Just contact often and be consistent. If you want to email them everyday you can, just start off that way. You don't want to start sending an email a day to a list that hardly heard from you once a month before.

When picking products I like to look for the high-end product first. If it's a subscription based product, all the better. Then based on what that niche is I look for a complementary item in the same niche for under $10 if possible. Now that I have my affiliate products chosen I can write a quick report based on some general information on that niche.

Quick tip for report: If you chose affiliate products that offer free articles and content for affiliate to use, do it. You can easily take an article, or two or three, and combine them into a report. Format it in Microsoft Word and you have a report on topic.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Affiliate marketing

I have tried affiliate marketing and really have not had a lot of luck at it. I do some other things online, but I found it quite expensive to drive traffic to a site where the affiliate links are. I am glad to see someone can make it happen, it makes me feel a little better about it.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
advice, affiliate marketing, tips