Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Sales & Marketing > Affiliate Marketing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Article Marketing...How?

I've been doing a little research on how to market my site, now that it is up and running. So far my traffic has been pretty low, as expected for a new site. I would like to start working on driving targeted traffic to my site. I have seen a lot mentioned about article marketing, and I'm interested in trying it. Any advice on how to get started?

Just a little info: My website/blog is about recommending/advertising outdoor gear for families with young kids. It is 'product' based.

Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Here is how I drive Traffic

Here is how I started without a website but it also works
if you have a website, twitter or facebook account.

Write articles with great keywords. Find a digital product
online first, they are all over the net. Find one that has a
50% or greater commission or just send them to your
website, twitter or facebook account. You see facebook
and twitter are really just your personal website.

I found that using a lot of good keywords in my articles is
what gets them read. Of course you need a good keyword
tool to find the good keywords. This is what makes a reader
want to read your articles. Use the keywords in first line of
the article and in the title. Then find other related keywords for
the text of your article.

Then sumbit your article to newsletters, article directories
and other places (try free article submitter). You will be
selling products online within a day once the directories post
your article. If it is for a product that people want you will make
a ton of sales.

The good thing about this you wont even need a website
because you will be selling other peoples products.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Article marketing is one of the best, easy and effective method which can help you lot in driving traffic to your site if done correctly.

First of all you need to write unique, highly informative and keyword rich article as per density with anchor text link on your targeted keyword. Then submit this article to directories, article etc. as per your niche. Once they published and indexed by S.E. it will brings lots of traffic.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 AM
WAHM Fanatic

In the past, article marketing was a very effective method to drive traffic. But since the Panda Updates, it has become less so.

At one time you could put an article on certain directories and get great traffic from the article, because it would rise high in the search engine results. But now that the directories have been "slapped", the majority of articles you place on directories will not be seen (unless you promote them) by many people but will serve simply as a backlink.

I would (and do) combine article marketing with a variety of other backlinking techiques including;

social bookmarking
active syndication
RSS feeds
web2.0 development
quality forum posts
etc.

Personally, I find the best links right now are coming from contextual blog links.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to AllanJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post
In the past, article marketing was a very effective method to drive traffic. But since the Panda Updates, it has become less so.

At one time you could put an article on certain directories and get great traffic from the article, because it would rise high in the search engine results. But now that the directories have been "slapped", the majority of articles you place on directories will not be seen (unless you promote them) by many people but will serve simply as a backlink.

I would (and do) combine article marketing with a variety of other backlinking techiques including;

social bookmarking
active syndication
RSS feeds
web2.0 development
quality forum posts
etc.

Personally, I find the best links right now are coming from contextual blog links.
That hits the nail right on head! - twice

Another thing that's important is to decide before exactly what your objectives are and what you wish to achieve. Not doing this is a trap that many of my affiliate students fall into. There are two primary reasons for article marketing:

1) To get clickthrough traffic to your site or offer. You have to be a great writer to achieve decent numbers - particularly if you don't, as many don't, make an effort to backlink your article to get a high ranking on the the search engines.

2) To gain from the article backlinks to help your blog/website to gain good SERP rankings - it's from the search engines that you get far more traffic from, even very average, articles.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina098red View Post
I've been doing a little research on how to market my site, now that it is up and running. So far my traffic has been pretty low, as expected for a new site. I would like to start working on driving targeted traffic to my site. I have seen a lot mentioned about article marketing, and I'm interested in trying it. Any advice on how to get started?

Just a little info: My website/blog is about recommending/advertising outdoor gear for families with young kids. It is 'product' based.

you can checkout Submit Your Article blog they have tons
of information on article marketing
Old 11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm not sure about article marketing anymore after google panda hit article directories. I would suggest forum posting and blog commenting. However, if you are interested in article marketing then, the best way to start is to sign up for an account of the top 50 article directories. Here's the list --> List Of Top 50 Article Directories By Traffic, PageRank.

You can skip the nofollow(NF) article directories because they are more likely not going to build links for you. A higher pagerank would be better.

Advice though, don't submit one copy of article to multiple sites. That would be a big mistake because you will be doing duplicate contents.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Super WAHM

you can also check out EzineArticles Training
ezine articles is the biggest article directory online and
they also have tons of training on article marketing.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Super WAHM

Default Article Marketing works...

I literally just posted a webinar about this very topic on my fanpage. Not sure if I'm allowed to add links to this post, so connect w/me on facebook and I will send it to you. This webinar explains how you can get on the 1st page of google via article marketing.

I also have my own tricks that work VERY well, pm me about them, but I will also do a post on how to do it if that helps.

Lori
Old 02-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Also with article marketing, tr writing unique content. You have a better chance at your article getting indexed closer to the top of the search engines with unique content.

This ad will disappear if you login