Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:31 PM
WAHM Addict

Unhappy Flooded Kitchen...

So, about three weeks ago, our dishwasher sprung a leak. I have a huge kitchen, and about 1/3 of the floor was flooded and ruined. A company came in, tore up the warmed floor (layers: wood laminate, foam base and linoleum - down to bare wood) and and put dryers in place blowing for three days... loud and hot.

Our house is for sale. Oh yeah, people want to buy a house with a torn up floor, knowing there was water damage.

The beautiful wood laminate floor we had in the kitchen is no longer available. It flows from the kitchen into our dining room on one side and our family room on the other. The entire kitchen floor will have to be torn up. We had to choose and order a totally different kind of floor.

FINALLY, today we received the check from our insurance company. We then received a phone call from the place where we ordered our new flooring. The flooring is on back order! I can hardly believe it! They won't be installing our floor until Sept. 30th. We have to continue tripping on the ripped up floor for another week and a half!

Life is good, but this situation is one of those where I'm afraid to ask, "What next?" I guess we'll laugh about it - one day.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 02:42 PM
WAHM Addict

Good news! Our flooring came in earlier than expected. It will be installed on Friday!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm glad it worked out! Look for your rainbow in the midst of your rainstorm.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM
WAHM Addict

TOMORROW! I can hardly wait to have a floor again. I am tired of tripping on it!