Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Health care reform

Hey, I was thinking about the Health Care Reform and how it will impact our business. Do you think that companies will cut down on things like vision and dental care to help absorb the costs of the new laws? I'm thinking the law should be good for business?? I know we have had similar training where we've kinda discussed this. Maybe we should have one meeting that goes over health care reform and exactly what it going to be happening and it's impact on us Any thoughts?? Wendy
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Good suggestions Wendy. There's a lot of talk about health care reform but I thimk alot of people are in the dark about what it really means. I think it will boost our business because alot if companies will cut out a lot of benefits to save money and I believe alot of people will need something to fill in the gaps.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:44 AM
WAHM Regular

I've been reading up on the healthcare reform. I've been going to the government site, can't pull it up now cause I am on my phone. I am curious to see how it will impact our business and also wonder how it might effect my nursing job. I know that by Oct 1 businesses have to let their employees know about what options they will have and open enrollment for the exchanges is suppose to start. I put a link on my facebook fan page about the healthcare reform and dental care earlier this week.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
WAHM Addict

From what I've read, the Affordable Care Act should benefit us. I almost did a call on that last night, but I decided it needed longer time than the Thurs call allows.

I have been researching it. The new law will NOT cover vision, hearing or dental for adults. There are a number of "essential" benefits the law requires, but from what I could see, not surgery.

Many businesses that now provide insurance to some employees (like management), will likely cut down on them to be able to afford to insure everyone else. There will be more very basic insurance plans, so Xpress will help people afford some of the required supplemental care.

I'll prepare a team call to discuss it further.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow. Sounds like they are only going to cover the absolute bare minimum.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:13 PM
WAHM Addict

There will be so much the law will not cover, we can take advantage of the situation and should be able to sell more plans.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Here is some good information about the health care reform:

Health Care Reform: Learn the Basics
Old 08-17-2013, 08:50 AM
WAHM Addict

There is a lot of great info on that site. Thanks Kelli.