Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 AM
WAHM Addict

Unhappy A Noise in the Night. Yikes!

So, we had just gotten in bed last night when we heard a loud noise outside. Hubby looked out our side door and saw our recycle can was tipped over. Hmm?

When we woke up this morning, we looked outside, and both our garbage and recycle cans were tipped over and trash was spread around.

We called the Sheriff, since we suspected either kids were being stupid or something pretty large had been in our yard. We learned that bears were reported in several nearby areas. Comforting.

It is particularly odd, because we live in a community of 62 homes surrounded by a 6 foot high block wall. There are only two openings for entry and exit. So, did the bear find its way out, or is it still in the neighborhood?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 01:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Default What happened?

So was it a bear or kids? I'm intrigued...
Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
WAHM Addict

We live in a very quiet community, with a block wall all around. No teenagers in the entire development. I've never heard of any vandalism or the like in the area. (Remember I live in the middle of nowhere.) Because of this, although we never saw it, we think it most likely was a bear.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Angry

WOW that's scary. I am happy I just have Racoon to deal with lol. Which I can't harm. I can be put in Jail if I shoot one or kill it in any way because the thing is protected by our local wildlife animal reserve. So I either have to deal with it or call my local ASPCA and make a donation for them to get it out. Meanwhile the thing is making a mess of my back yard.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
WAHM Regular

I am reminded of what a freedom loving, gun toting, pick-up driving town I live in!!
Let me share a different way of thinking about ur animal problem, Ken...

I remember as a boy, (i could probably still see it, really) that in the secluded pasture land area that I grew up in, land owners would put the bodies of coyotes they had killed up on fence posts because it was supposed to "serve as a warning" to the others.
Come to think of it, I have cousins that are part of raccoon hunting clubs. They breed their dogs especially for such a task.

If you want me to pass him ur number....
Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Hahaha sure I'll take his number if he is gonna do the shooting himself. Lol