Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Default A Duet of Greatness

A mother once took her young son to hear Paderewski, the great pianist. At the beginning of the performance there was no one on stage just a spotlight focused on the grand piano and bench. The mom and son were about a half an hour early, and eventually the little boy got restless waiting. Somehow, the mom got involved in reading the program, and when she finally looked up, her son’s seat was empty! She looked everywhere around her, and couldn’t find him anywhere. Then all of a sudden she heard the sound of chopsticks. Her heart was in her throat. There he was on stage in the spotlight, tapping away on the long concert grand! The crowd reacted with anger saying, “Get him out of there!” Suddenly, a European accent came from the wings, “No!” and the great Paderewski strode on stage. "Keep going. Don't quit, son. Keep playing. Don't stop. Don't quit.” And there he sat on the bench right next to the little guy and began adding awesome improvisations…chords, patterns, runs and additional melodies…as the two of them captivated the packed house with “Variations on Chopsticks”!

When I think of this story, it reminds me that we are not alone in this world. No matter how alone we may feel at times, God is always with us. And He will move into a duet of greatness beyond our dreams if we let Him.

Make it a great day!

~ Irene ~
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Self-care Advocate

WOW - a duet of greatness! inspiring words, Irene. Really appreciate the sharing. I needed to hear this.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
WAHM Addict

What a beautiful story and a powerful message. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Wow - this is such an amazing story Irene. I loved it. Great words to start off our week!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Irene, I love you "take" on the story as much as the story itself. I can only add an Amen!

Tags
irene famiglietti, wahm, xpress healthcare