Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Full-time Mompreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestef2011 View Post
Another question - can someone give me an idea of how you work your business online?

I'm not asking for detailed specifics, but just an rundown of examples.

Thanks!

Purplestef. All of that is actually included with your business. You receive a HUGE marketing back office with a library full of videos, recordings, websites, ideas, etc. It's endless. I don't even think I've been able to get to 10% of it yet and they're constantly adding to it.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2011, 03:58 PM
WAHM Addict

Obviously forums work great!

I'm curious... What is stopping you from getting off the fence? If from everything you've learned, it seems like a good fit, join. If it does not, what else have you been looking at?
  1. Are you afraid to spend the $$? Remember $7.70 - 14 day trial.
  2. Are you afraid of failure? With the training & support we offer, the only ones who fail are those who quit or simply do not work their business.
  3. Are you afraid it will be too difficult to learn the business? Actually, I tell my new people to spend 1 day training, looking over the back office. Then get to work selling!
  4. Are you afraid of sales? I can't "sell" in the technical sense at all. I provide the information people request, just answering their questions. If it's what they're looking for, they enroll. If not, others will enroll.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Cool What is stopping me

Julie,

What is stopping me:

1. Yes, I am afraid to spend the money. I know the $7.70 is great - not worried about that. But I am worried that I will need to give it longer than 2 weeks to see that I can make money, so I KNOW I will be spending $77 on the 15th day - so I want to make sure this is what I want to do. (I totally understand that it will take time to make money. If I was promised hundreds in the 1st 14 days, that would be a red flag to me. I don't want a "get rich quick" program. I want real income.) I have asked quite a few Xpressers what they made and I keep getting the answer of "I haven't sat down and added it up", or "I cannot say b/c I do not want to discourage you or give you false hope", etc... I completely understand that. I would like to just know that hey, this person made $500 in 3 months, or this person made $88 their first month, etc... If someone made thousands in their first few months, that is great too. Guess I want to hear that there are people making money. Of course, anyone can tell me anything, and I'll never know it is true. Just seems like people are really side-stepping this question.

2. Yes, I am afraid to fail at this.

3. Yes, I am afraid that there will be sooooo much information to learn, that my full-time job will prevent me from being able to have the time to sit and learn it all in a reasonable amount of time. Plus having a newborn at home.

4. I am very afraid of sales. I like your approach of "give them the information and answer their questions". I just hope the training doesn't tell me to sell sell sell - be a salesperson. (Does that make sense?)

I guess these are my hesitations.

And I am having a very blah day today. I hate dropping my 3-mo. old son off at daycare, and everyday driving to work I tell myself "remember - you gave yourself until the baby's one year birthday to be working at home" - so with that being said, I know there are very few legitimate companies out there that allow you to have an honest business at home. And I feel that Xpress is one of them. And this may sound stupid or silly, but knowing that there are very few honest ones out there, I am almost afraid to start b/c what if I fail - then where do I go from there? Guess I am holding myself back.

Well, talk about a soap box/pity party, huh? TGIF. I have some thinking to do this weekend.

And when I do finally sign up, I want to be sure I have a free day or few hours right away so I can get some training down. Hubby was gone last week for training, and he leaves again for 3 days on Monday. So I am trying to coincide sign up with his schedule as well.

Thanks for all the info. Julie! I have been emailing with you to. Didn't know if you realized who I was. (Stephanie)

Thanks guys for all your help.

-purplestef2011
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi Stephanie,

I just want you to know that I am a nurse. I am NOT a sales person at all....I just let people know about my business and share. Some are sales, some are not. Worse thing that happened, I met someone new.

For myself: I had rather try my best at something and fail, than to have never tried it at all. I don't want to look back and think I wish I would have done something.

You may or may not be building a booming business in just 2 weeks, however, you will know if the business is the right one for you and that is what matters most. It doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks about any business....if it is not right for you, it is not going to work.

Hope this helps,
Shana

Last edited by BlessYourHeart; 08-19-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 08-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Full-time Mompreneur

Stef, you're in great hands with Julie. She's awesome
Old 08-19-2011, 09:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Shana. I appreciate it.

I definitely know I will not have a good business in 2 weeks. That is a good point, I will know in 2 weeks if it is right for me or not.

Discount healthcare is something I feel passionate about. My husband has a chronic disease and we've gone without healthcare before, so I know how expensive it can be.

That is my fear too, that I will look back and regret not signing up.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM
WAHM Regular

NurseDee - I agree about Julie! Thanks!

Sorry guys - I felt like I was a bummer to the forum today. Just thinking out-loud, I guess.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestef2011 View Post
NurseDee - I agree about Julie! Thanks!

Sorry guys - I felt like I was a bummer to the forum today. Just thinking out-loud, I guess.

Thanks!
We are here to help and encourage each other. No apology needed!

Shana
Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 AM
WAHM Addict

1. Yes, I am afraid to spend the money. I know the $7.70 is great - not worried about that. But I am worried that I will need to give it longer than 2 weeks to see that I can make money, so I KNOW I will be spending $77 on the 15th day.
At the end of a month, I had my $77 covered. There was no trial period when I joined, so I had a real incentive to get to work quickly! Every month since, my income has increased. I don't like to hype anyone, so I will tell you that although I'm working Xpress full time, I am not yet earning a full-time income. I've been with Xpress, and my income is enough to be making a difference in our lives. Because I don't ask anyone else how much they are earning, I cannot tell you who or how many are earning a full-time earning.

If you owned another business, a retail store, restaurant or nail salon, do you think you'd be earning a full-time earning after 5 months. The general rule of thumb I've heard for people opening businesses is to give it a year to get to profit mode. With Xpress, as long as you work your business as you're trained, you'll could easily be in profit mode within a few weeks.

2. Yes, I am afraid to fail at this. Who isn't? If you stay close with your sponsor and work smart - no matter how many or how few hours - you very likely will succeed. But think about it, what is the worst thing that could happen if you did fail? Unless you spend $$ foolishly on your business too soon, the most you'll lose is the $77 each month. Attitude is HUGE in this or any business. If you think you'll fail, you're right. If you think you'll be successful, you will.

3. Yes, I am afraid that there will be sooooo much information to learn, that my full-time job will prevent me from being able to have the time to sit and learn it all in a reasonable amount of time. Plus having a newborn at home. Sure, with any business, there is a lot to learn. However, in order to work your Xpress business, there are a very few basics you need to know to start earning money. Spend 3-4 hours (in one day or 10) in your "back office" to get an idea of the information available. Then, you'll get to work, and over time, you'll slowly learn more & more. I STILL have not seen everything in the back office! I've certainly not watched ALL the training videos available. As you're working your business, what you don't know, you'll ask your sponsor about.

4. I am very afraid of sales. I like your approach of "give them the information and answer their questions". I just hope the training doesn't tell me to sell sell sell - be a salesperson. (Does that make sense?) In our business we enroll people in our plans and help others to work their own Xpress business. Some might call it selling. The majority of the business I write comes from forums, not advertising. And although I'm always willing to answer anyone's questions about the company, I seldom work with any one person very long before they join.

Thanks for all the info. Julie! I have been emailing with you to. Didn't know if you realized who I was. (Stephanie) No Stephanie, I did not realize that you were Stephanie with whom I've been corresponding via email. Now that I do, I cannot imagine you could have any questions remaining!

If you don't feel comfortable joining Xpress, that's fine. We won't be offended. There is NO business that's a good fit for everyone. Perhaps Xpress is not for you. Only you can make that decision. However, with all the information I & others have provided to you, if you are really still hesitant, Xpress truly may not be for you. I also don't think you'll find ANY home business that will be right for you.

Perhaps that is the real question... Do you really want to be your own boss working at home? OR, would you be better off finding a "job" with a guaranteed weekly or monthly salary?

Thanks guys for all your help. We're here if/when you decide to join our team. I believe all of us would agree that if you don't feel confident that you CAN succeed with Xpress, it isn't right for you.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for all the information! I greatly appreciate it!