WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Writing: Freelancing (https://www.wahm.com/forum/writing-freelancing-46/)
-   -   So, I received this email... (https://www.wahm.com/forum/writing-freelancing-46/611532-so-i-received-email.html)

coopsydaisy 12-08-2011 04:19 PM

So, I received this email...

I haven't written much here, but I do appreciate the community very much.

I was disappointed when I received this email. I'm not sure how I even received it. I guess that as much as we put out there, it's going to happen. Maybe. Basically, it is a *client* who is happy with the ultra low rates of a particular content providing company.

I left out the sender's name, company name and even the content provider in question. I suppose it's even possible that it's a covert ad email for the content company in question. I didn't know what information was kosher to include, so I thought I would err on the side of caution.

Melissa

The subject line reads: "Where I buy all of my articles and content. Dirt cheap"

If you haven't tried it out yet,
I highly recommend using .... for all of your
content needs.

Here's why, in a nutshell:

1. It's SO cheap. Only 67 cents per 100 words. There is no
place on the planet that's cheaper than this.

2. You pay exactly NOTHING if you don't like an article
that's been written for you. You can approve or reject
articles as they are written. You only pay when you approve
an article.

3. Signing up for an account is free.

4. You can request 1 article or 1,000 articles to be written
and you'll receive the 1, just as fast as you would receive
the 1,000. The way the system is set up, thousands of writers
will respond to your request and multiple writers will
quickly take on your project. So, you could submit a request
for 1,000 articles to be written and actually receive all
1,000 in only a couple of days!

5. As writers write for you, you can add specific writers
to your "favorites" list and then submit your feature
projects to ONLY those writers. This way, you're actually
building your own writing team bigger and bigger, the more
you use ..... It's awesome how this works.

6. It's super easy to post a project. You basically just
just paste in a list of keywords and iWriter handles the
rest.

7. It's also super easy to download them. They come as text
files you can quickly and easily download to your computer.

... and I could list a lot more, but I think it's obvious
why ... is quickly becoming the top choice of most
internet marketers for content creation.

Here's to cranking out lots of content for pennies!

juliewein 12-08-2011 04:33 PM

I got that same email. It did seem a little odd to me. I just signed up with that website recently and I still don't fully understand the purpose of it.:confused:

lilredwriting 12-08-2011 04:34 PM

To me that sounds like an obvious advertisement.

CJWrite 12-08-2011 04:50 PM

I was sitting here thinking that this sounded SO familiar and I couldn'rt put my finger on it.. Then I got to #6 and it all fell into place... LoL

Quote:

Here's to cranking out lots of content for pennies!
That statement right there ruffles my feathers, for some reason... :mad:

VintageMama 12-08-2011 04:54 PM

I got it too, and I responded with a politely worded nasty-gram. I explained why they should be ashamed to think paying writers those kinds of rates is OK. Furthermore, I explained that their content would be better quality if they were willing to pay for quality work. I'm in a cranky mood today, LOL! ;)

Karalee 12-08-2011 05:00 PM

I read a review on some blog of that site. I, of course, can't find it now. Some of the commenters were complaining about the quality. I wanted to yell, "You are paying 67 cents per 100 words. The writers are making less than that. What can you possibly expect?"

Also, according to some writers on another site I frequent, the rejection rates there are high, so not only is the pay humiliating, you might not even see the money after writing the articles.

GaMama 12-08-2011 05:02 PM

I received it too. The funny thing is the company in question started out advertising for new writers by advertising higher rates than the ones being quoted to potential clients. Its depressing because the writer is only getting a percentage of that less than $0.01 per word rate.

Until I saw this thread I thought it was sent in error, but maybe the owner of the site added writers who'd signed up to check the place out to their mailing lists?

mtn_writer 12-08-2011 05:12 PM

I got it to. When I used the unsubscribe feature, it appeared that I was unsubscribing from emails for that site's writer list. I wonder is that email was mistakenly sent to their writer's list?

The worst part was, "If you don't like the content, you don't pay a penny". I signed up a while back to check out the site, wrote one short piece and never wrote again, because the content was rejected without any explanation. I write for 6 other sites at a high rating level and have never had content rejected...

ErinHill226 12-08-2011 05:17 PM

Ed Gandia on email prospecting...

Ugh. That's all. And also... I don't know that title ended up there. I was attempting to do a post on his new marketing videos (free)...and somehow I ended up here. :(

But...um...stayed tuned for my actual post. Ya know, if my computer allows it.

CJWrite 12-08-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtn_writer (Post 2882314)
I wonder is that email was mistakenly sent to their writer's list?

Ha! That's actually kind of funny. I wonder how many writers it pissed off... :D