Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Default TextBroker's New Indentured Servitude Requirements

Anybody here still write for TextBroker?

What do you think of their cray-cray new RULES?

"Textbroker reserves the right to drop orders from an authorís account. An order may be dropped from your account if:
you have dropped the order and picked it up a second time without the clientís permission
you have received a suspension of order privileges by Textbroker admin
you have received a message from the client regarding the order and have been non-responsive for 4 or more hours"
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Awesome WAHM

4 HOURS? I'm glad I don't write there any more, as you're apparently not allowed to sleep.

The first two are reasonable, but four hours? Clients and writers are not always in the same timezone...
Old 05-20-2019, 06:04 PM
WAHM Regular

I rarely write for Textbroker anymore.

After I saw this, I read the drama in their forum and feel as if most of the writers who responded are misinterpreting and overreacting. Stuff isn't going to get yanked because a writer doesn't answer a message from the client in the middle of the night, and you only risk losing an article if you pick it up for a second time if the client complains.

Nonetheless, TB is way overstepping by trying to tell writers not to pick up articles unless they can start working on them immediately. As long as the article is finished by the deadline set by the client, it's not any of TB's business when it's written no matter what their little order template says.

TB would be better off addressing the root cause of why they're having issues with articles not being written instead of playing hunger games with writers. The stuff isn't getting written because TB pays garbage rates. Their bonus program involving contests they say they're implementing as a way to "reward" loyal writers is even more of a joke than that leaderboard nonsense they tried to use as incentive for writers to be more productive (I would be embarrassed to be featured on their leaderboard as a prolific writer).

I think what's finally happening with TB is that thanks to a good economy, they've reached a tipping point they've managed to avoid before -- they're having a tough time meeting client demand, and clients are leaving because of it. Most of their work is in L4, and the pay isn't even 2 cpw. Even Level 5 rates are low.

Last edited by Scarlett78; 05-20-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:26 AM
WAHM Regular

I haven't written for them in quite sometime. They were never the most easiest to write off even years ago, but they are way out of control now. Not even worth it!
Old 05-23-2019, 01:33 PM
Super WAHM

Yes, I admit I still write for Textbroker, with their lousy pay and that preposterous four hour rule. I figure if a client doesn't need their article for two days, I can choose it just before I turn in, research and write it in the morning and send it in with plenty of time to spare. I do sort of get why a client might be miffed if a writer holds on to an article for a long time, decides they don't want to write it for whatever reason and throws it back in the pool, then another writer does the same thing and they do miss their deadline. But that usually happens because there's something the matter with the instructions or the subject matter isn't worth writing 2000 words about (the benefits of rosewater????).

Where are these clients who've jumped ship going to? They're certainly not going anywhere near OneSpace, the biggest rip-off of them all. Are they just deciding they're going to go with private clients?
Old 05-24-2019, 11:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post

Where are these clients who've jumped ship going to? They're certainly not going anywhere near OneSpace, []the biggest rip-off of them al][/I]. Are they just deciding they're going to go with private clients?
The clients might be going to actual SEO/marketing companies. From what I'm seeing, online content has to be very high quality now in order to rank at all. There needs to be internal and external linking, maybe a few high-quality backlinks, nice long pieces with a lot of depth, answers to the questions that readers are thinking about. The type of stuff that TB and similar mills are putting out there really isn't going to cut it for most businesses who are looking for high rankings on Google.

I haven't written for TB in many years, but I'm wondering if they are creating onerous requirements in an effort to thin the writing herd if they are losing clients.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:59 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks Beanandpumpkin. The articles clients want written at TB do have a whiff of high school essay exam about them ...

I don't think their ridiculous requirements are for thinning the writers as much as bending the knee to the clients.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 05-27-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:51 PM
Super WAHM

Default Oh wow!

TB is still in business?
Old 05-31-2019, 11:35 AM
Super WAHM

Yes, it is indeed. And hasn't raised its pay rates since I've been there, which is a looooong time.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:43 PM
Registered WAHM

Great if you wanna get started and have no idea what you're doing. Otherwise, if you have experience, move on!!