Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default computer glitches- any tech-savvies here??

Copy/paste quit working- will not go into email or Blogger. Only place it'll paste is Notepad, but can't c/p from Notepad afterward.
This shows it's not a problem with keyboard or mouse.
Both problems only occur with text- I can easily get images to go into email and Blogger.
Attempting to either upload or transfer text files from desktop into email doesn't work, either.

Less important, clipboard quit working, too. It works if I take a screenshot of something, but it doesn't work if I try to copy a URL or something like that.

Never had these problems before a couple of weeks ago. Haven't made any changes to anything. I cleared cache/cookies/etc., then cleared out temp and old files, etc., then did system restore and defrag. Antivirus is working.

I have Windows 7 and LibreOffice 6.0, but tried OpenOffice also.
I can't even figure out what program or part of the system could be causing this. Any tech-savvy members here who might have a solution?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2018, 08:35 AM
Registered WAHM

Sorry, I have no clue what's causing the problem, but it sounds awful.

Kingsoft has a free writer option that is comparable to an older version of Microsoft Word if you want to try another program.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:43 AM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatitosmommy View Post
Copy/paste quit working- will not go into email or Blogger. Only place it'll paste is Notepad, but can't c/p from Notepad afterward.
This shows it's not a problem with keyboard or mouse.
Both problems only occur with text- I can easily get images to go into email and Blogger.
Attempting to either upload or transfer text files from desktop into email doesn't work, either.

Less important, clipboard quit working, too. It works if I take a screenshot of something, but it doesn't work if I try to copy a URL or something like that.

Never had these problems before a couple of weeks ago. Haven't made any changes to anything. I cleared cache/cookies/etc., then cleared out temp and old files, etc., then did system restore and defrag. Antivirus is working.

I have Windows 7 and LibreOffice 6.0, but tried OpenOffice also.
I can't even figure out what program or part of the system could be causing this. Any tech-savvy members here who might have a solution?
Yes, it can be a bummer when something goes wrong with your computer, especially if you use it for your work. I've been able to solve 98% of my computer issues by Googling the problem. A number of forums will pop-up. You may have change your search selections until your precise difficulty comes up but it has always worked for me and I've been in some scary predicaments when it comes to tech. It's funny because most of the time it turns out to be something quite simple like changing the settings for a particular program. Anyway, good luck.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperg View Post
Yes, it can be a bummer when something goes wrong with your computer, especially if you use it for your work. I've been able to solve 98% of my computer issues by Googling the problem. A number of forums will pop-up. You may have change your search selections until your precise difficulty comes up but it has always worked for me and I've been in some scary predicaments when it comes to tech. It's funny because most of the time it turns out to be something quite simple like changing the settings for a particular program. Anyway, good luck.
Turned out to be a simple fix...
This is a rather old computer, not much memory left, and I read on another forum that open windows use extra memory. I usually have multiple windows open, so I closed all but the one I was using at the time, and zing! problem solved! Copy/paste, clipboard, etc. are working again.

I do need to get a new computer asap, though.