Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

View Poll Results: Have you had a similar experience on this platform?
Yes 1 50.00%
No 0 0%
I've not used it 1 50.00%
It's worth it to keep going 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Angry Iwriter Author abuse :_(

I am a freelancer on Iwriter. I signed up for the platform almost two months ago and just started writing the regular articles for like 1 or 2 bucks. I wanted to move up to the elite writer jobs that actually have decent pay.

They offer a deal where you can pay $200 bucks and move up, and can make your money back in the platform.

After seeing how many jobs were actually available I decided to dish out the $200 and was quickly moved up to Elite after submitting my writing samples.

But since I've moved up, I've submitted probably over 10,000 words on various projects and completed well over $200 worth of jobs.

But the clients are just horrific. They simply return the work, rate it super low, and say the absolute meanest things, and most of them are unable to submit a halfway decent client brief to start with so I feel like I'm just shooting blanks. I've spent entire days working for the site only to have the most A$$holeish clients refuse to do one simple edit process to fix whatever issues they have with the work, and then I'm completely out the time and money spent working on the platform.

It's absolutely horrid. That being said, I've made around $100 back in my first two weeks, but dealing with the clients is like taking one blow after the other, and when I've sent an email to the site, regarding how it is utterly unfair that writers can't do a revision process and are left with horrid reviews that often do not reflect the writing, the response from management was "We can't do anything about this because it creates a safer space for the writers and clients" I'm thinking..."you mean you're greedy?" Obviously, it isn't safe for writers. I've written so many pieces that were great pieces, and just to have a mean guy come back and say it was horrible, without even doing one single revision or having a brief that detailed what they wanted.

It's just been beyond frustrating and after dishing out $200 to move up to where my quality level matches the pay structure, having the site manager simply respond with, this is safer for you, is simply wrong.

And writers are not allowed to leave a review of a client who's burned them! It's truly terrible for writers who have been burned because the only clients we are allowed to review is the ones who accepted our work. And that does not make me feel safe especially after spending $200, to know that other writers are likely in the same situation just makes me sad. There's no way to alert another writer to a client who may be a scammer. And on top of that, almost every single client has high reviews because of this.

What a bleak week on the iwriter platform. And it is sad because it could be an awesome opportunity. Too bad the site allows for blatant writer abuse...

PS: Obviously this is not the case with all the clients, I've received quite a few very nice reviews (the nicest from a blog owner and obviously a writer herself), but the ones that are bad hurt the most...

PSS: my solution has been to block the meanies and only continue to do work for my direct clients on the platform and those that have high acceptance ratings
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Super WAHM

OMG AllSmiles, you didn't actually pay $200 for that hellhole of an I-Writer!

They are absolutely the worst when it comes to blackhatters -- I've been there for years and I am extremely careful about who I write for. I wouldn't dare write for any client who has less than a 75 percent approval rating.

And I would never never NEVER pay any content mill to write. They're supposed to pay YOU. Period.

So sorry this thing happened to you! OMG!

Angry on your behalf.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 05-11-2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling grammar
Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post
OMG AllSmiles, you didn't actually pay $200 for that hellhole of an I-Writer!

They are absolutely the worst when it comes to blackhatters -- I've been there for years and I am extremely careful about who I write for. I wouldn't dare write for any client who has less than a 75 percent approval rating.

And I would never never NEVER pay any content mill to write. They're supposed to pay YOU. Period.

So sorry this thing happened to you! OMG!

Angry on your behalf.
This place has been a scam for as long as I can remember and I've been writing online for 13+ years now. As Blair Girl said, don't ever pay for a job... You don't pay to work, jobs pay you to work for them.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Registered WAHM

Default It's definitely difficult

yeah!! I admit I saw the amount of high paying jobs and was immediately won over, and decided to go for it, but they can really really be tough on the writers if they don't like the article for whatever reason. It's so awful when they come back with such mean responses and never complete a revision with you, often I seriously think if they completed even just one revision you'd be able to fix any issues they have with your work.

I'm not giving up, just doing what you've all suggested and only working with ones with high approval ratings. I just wish there was a way the writers could alert others to potential client scammers on the platform before we spend hours crafting content that they send back to us.

At least I'm almost made up the $200 I spent moving up... If I just work with direct clients on there, it'll be worth it I think, I just get really taken aback by some of the clients mean comments. Especially with the bad instructions contained in some of their briefs.

Thanks for the support.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 AM
WAHM Regular

You're not giving up? Giving up on iWriter would be the best thing you could do for your freelance career.

The so-called high paying work there is something like 5 cpw. It's not worth it. If you're going to write for crap rates, at least do so on Textbroker where you can actually count on being paid instead of ripped off.

What do you think happens to the content that clients reject?

The jerk who owns/runs that place knows exactly how clients treat writers -- he actually sets the tone for it. His pay-to-play scam is the biggest insult out there.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default similar

I was surfing past to see if there were any new threads, noticed this one, and will comment.

When I was desperate for a few extra $s awhile back, I signed up with iWriter. Unfortunately, I did so before noticing all the negative reviews and comments all over the www.

My experiences:
It took a couple of weeks to even reach the minimum payout. The only reason I reached it at all was I was lucky to write for one client who gave me little bonuses and extra work.
However- the other clients were similar to what I've read in many places: rejecting articles with nothing more than 'Not what I want,' 'Not what I'm looking for,' etc. Before iWriter, I'd never had any work flat-out rejected.

Others have said iWriter clients reject articles in this manner, and then, without paying for them, go on to use the articles anyway. But when I contacted 'support,' they brushed this off and said clients can reject work for any reason or no reason.

My POV: not only is iWriter a frustrating waste of time, if you work for them you're risking your work being used by clients who won't pay you for it.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:50 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMBrenda View Post
This place has been a scam for as long as I can remember and I've been writing online for 13+ years now. As Blair Girl said, don't ever pay for a job... You don't pay to work, jobs pay you to work for them.
I've been around a long time too, and I totally agree! iWriter is horrible.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Registered WAHM

Default That's what I'm thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett78 View Post
You're not giving up? Giving up on iWriter would be the best thing you could do for your freelance career.

The so-called high paying work there is something like 5 cpw. It's not worth it. If you're going to write for crap rates, at least do so on Textbroker where you can actually count on being paid instead of ripped off.

What do you think happens to the content that clients reject?

The jerk who owns/runs that place knows exactly how clients treat writers -- he actually sets the tone for it. His pay-to-play scam is the biggest insult out there.

Yes, I completely agree. I think they end up using the work... I wish it was better, It's just sad they don't change it so it's a decent platform for the writers.... it's really frustrating.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Default How much on average

I would like to do something like Textbroker. What kind of starting off average could someone expect if you write an article or two a week? What sort of goals have you all set for yourself?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:42 PM
WAHM Regular

About $10.

I don't write for Textbroker beyond the very occasional short something that I do to knock out writers' block. The money is awful.

Closed Thread

Tags
content creation, content farms, iwriter