Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Registered WAHM

Arrow Writers Needed for Marketing Content

Good Morning!

A new content creation platform is looking for dedicated writers with above-average skills to take on a consistent stream of product and category descriptions. METRO is an up-and-coming platform that lets writers and editors work when they want on content for big box retailers. Products vary from electronics and appliances to furniture and games. Payments are through PayPal.

I've been working for METRO on a variety of products and projects for just about 3 years, and the recent move to a platform has made it easy to complete work and get paid quickly. You can track jobs as they are completed, set your goals and review your edited content.

I can vouch for the credibility, professionalism and pay reliability. Have any questions? Feel free to ask! As a longtime content provider, I've found it awesome to have another egg in the basket!

Interested parties will take an online English assessment and then a writing test to determine proficiency.

If interested, register and test at https://metro.cnetcontent.com/

Thank you so much!

Last edited by lnlharper; 04-04-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Additional Info-personal experience
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Super WAHM

Default Potential Scam Warning

Read this thread on Reddit and proceed with caution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freelanceWr...atform_is_now/
Old 04-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Super WAHM

I went ahead and tested, on a whim. Scored perfectly on the English reading test. My English Writing test was rejected within fifteen minutes, with no feedback other than "rejected".

I have the option to take it two more times if I want to give them 2 more free 200 word samples, which I'm not crazy about.

My sample, to give you an idea of what a failing score looks like....

T29396
Enjoy Space and Efficiency a Built-in Refrigerator

When you need both space and efficiency, it's difficult to go wrong with this Benchmark Built-in refrigerator. This built-in appliance works well to keep your produce fresh and avoid transferring flavors between your food products.

Protect Your Food: Limit Waste
If you've activated the fridge's SuperCooling function, recently purchased food is cooled faster in your refrigerator and food that is already in your fridge won't get warmer. This feature is also turned off after six hours, to prevent using too much electricity accidentally.

NoFrost Saves You Time: Eliminate Defrosting
When you purchase a model equipped with NoFrost, humidity that gathers in the air is collected on the primary fin evaporator. NoFrost keeps it from building up inside the appliance or on your food itself. This feature pulls the warmth out of the freezer, automatically defrosting it and removing condensation. This means that you don't have to set aside time in your busy schedule to defrost your freezer.

SuperFreezing: Protect Your Frozen Foods when Adding New Food
When you're adding new food to your freezer, it's often at a warmer temperature than the food that's already frozen. These appliances help lower the freezer temperature until the overall required temperature is reached, preventing energy from being wasted.

Energy Efficient LED Lighting: Illuminate the Interior in Style
Led lighting inside these appliances ensures low glare, even illumination. These lights use very little energy and can last the entire lifetime of the appliance.

When you're ready to add more space to your home, consider installing a Benchmark Built-in refrigerator to prevent food waste and increase energy efficiency.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQueue View Post
Read this thread on Reddit and proceed with caution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freelanceWr...atform_is_now/

It is not a scam. As a longtime freelance writer/editor (I got my start on CloudCrowd in 2009, moved on to Crowdsource and then as Onespace//I've worked at TB--ugh--eZdia--more ugh--and TripleCurve when it was TC--I also work through Fiverr and have a couple of private clients), I can truly tell you that this is not a scam. I'm not in the business of scamming. If you look at the web address, the root is Cnet. Google Cnet.

This is simply another egg for me. If you'll notice, I registered for WAHMs in 2009 (as a recent widow).

In response to the testing, this platform has a contract with a major online store with rather high standards in quality. If you work on Textbroker, think 4-star.

I encourage you to retest if you've failed the first time. I apologize if your only feedback was "rejected." Extensive feedback should have been given.

I also question those wondering on legitimacy... if this is a scam, why would the test above be rejected?

Still worried? Click on the support button in the upper right hand corner of the landing page, send in any questions and someone can respond to you directly.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:51 PM
WAHM Regular

So did this company ask you to post here looking for writers? I'm just curious about why they didn't post themselves.

Is the pay along the lines of the places you've mentioned working? I hate to apply at places only to find out that the pay isn't any good. If they're offering OneSpace or TB rates, no thanks. Sorry if I missed something, but I couldn't find anything on their site that mentioned pay rates.

The reddit thread is concerning.

Last edited by Scarlett78; 04-08-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:32 AM
WAHM Regular

So has anyone actually made any money from this thing?
Old 04-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Registered WAHM

I'm a little confused. You say Metro is an up and coming company and you also say you've been working steadily for them for three years. The website is brand new and I see no evidence of the company preexisting in any other form or site before hand. Where and how were you working for them for the last three years?
Also, although it is not unusual for companies to pay writers via PayPal, it is unusual to have get your PayPal account verified before you take the assessment.. Why have a writer go through that sort of hassle and discomfort if they don't qualify?
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I recently wrote an article about how I was duped by the IAPWE and so when I see red flags like this, I want to be sure to ask questions.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Also, it's not a CNET web address like you say it is. Rather CNET is just buried in the address. This is a common practice of phishing schemes.Cnet's real web address is simply www.cnet.com.
If you click contact us there is only an information form. Although it's not unusual to have a company prefer this method of communication, it is unusual that there is no physical address for the company anywhere on the site.
I tried to check on the domain and it is not valid. This is a major red flag. Particularly since you this company is claiming an affiliation with CBS and CNET.
Please, no one give them your PayPal information. If you've already done so change your password and contact PayPal to find out what else you have to do to remain safe.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Someone on Reddit figured out that this METRO platform is just outsourcing product descriptions from another company who offers the project regularly and for more money. It's a contractor who is sub-contracting, basically.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:37 PM
Registered WAHM

A few answers:

So did this company ask you to post here looking for writers? Yes. The admin for this platform asked me to post a thread on WAHMs.

Is the pay along the lines of the places you've mentioned working? The pay is better than all of the platforms I've mentioned above. The current project running has a per word pricing of 4-6 cents off the starting line, depending on your writing level.

You say Metro is an up and coming company and you also say you've been working steadily for them for three years. The METRO platform is up-and-coming. I've been doing off-platform PD work for them for three years.

Also, although it is not unusual for companies to pay writers via PayPal, it is unusual to have get your PayPal account verified before you take the assessment.. Why have a writer go through that sort of hassle and discomfort if they don't qualify? Exactly, which is why you don't have to register with a PayPal. You can sign up without it. If you want to get paid, payment is through PayPal.

Please, no one give them your PayPal information. Again, the site is not going to ask you for your PayPal at registration.

It's a contractor who is sub-contracting, basically. For clarification: METRO does not and will not subcontract work from other content companies.

I'm not going to beg you to sign up. I'm simply sharing an opportunity. If you choose to believe I bided my time for 9 years waiting for this moment... well, there's nothing I can do about that. A verification email was sent to the admin of this forum. If you'd like further confirmation... This is who I am posting for:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fatehkamal/

Here is his direct contact email: [email protected]

Tags
edit, product descriptions, write