Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Cool Looking for writing websites, help!

I've recently returned to the wonderful world of freelance writing, and I'm unsure as to how to begin again. I'm not going back to Textbroker, but a site like that or especially like Constant Content is what I'm interested in.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi NerdyCat. Maybe this address will help (not an affiliate addy):

FreelanceWriting.com

I found that one in a post I think on a forum and maybe in a thread on WAHM but don't recall.

Anyway, they have a newsletter that contains info about companies looking for writers.

I wish you luck.

Last edited by JoeSpirit; 05-09-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Freelance Writing

Upworks is a great place for freelance writers. Set up your account with your resume and let the jobs bid on you.

You can also check this out: Freelance Writing Jobs - Freelance writing resources, jobs, gigs and advice
Old 05-10-2017, 03:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Yeah, upwork is really great. On the other hand you can try freelance.com as well.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Default arigato

Thanks! I'm going to go check out those sites right now.

I was going to reapply to textbroker, but after the horror stories I've read about their new ratings policy and what not, I decided I'd just stay away. I think I just outgrew TB, if that makes sense.

Right now, I'm writing for Constant Content. I like being able to search trends, pick out something interesting, write the article, and let people buy it. It's funny, since I've been off the site for a few years, but when I logged on it showed that two people had purchased my articles just a few months ago! What a nice surprise
Old 05-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Super WAHM

NerdyCat, avoid avoid avoid avoid Onespace. Some writers there are happy, but you have to be very lucky and a long-distance telepath with the editors. They are crazy inconsistent -- one will accept your article with high praise while the other will reject it out of hand.

Of course, they say the same thing about Textbroker but I'm one of the lucky folks on that site. After a bit of a bumpy ride last year I've stayed at L4 despite the fact that I know some of my articles have typos. Guess the commas are okay and the editor(s) are lenient.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 05-25-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: correction
Old 05-25-2017, 05:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
I was going to reapply to textbroker, but after the horror stories I've read about their new ratings policy and what not, I decided I'd just stay away.
Textbroker is probably your safest bet for entry-level freelance writing work and the easiest to work with. The pay is fairly low, but I have always been paid, don't have penalties for missed deadlines (aside from missing the opportunity or potentially getting blacklisted by the client - but they don't boot you or charge you that I know of), clients can't flat out reject your work, and if you apply to teams and such, you'll find a lot of work eventually (it just might be 1 - 2 cpw). Just my two cents though.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Super WAHM

New Inkling, after what I've been through with some of these sites, TB looks better and better. Yes, the payment is ridiculous (I've been there what? Six years and they haven't raised their rates yet) but you get paid and if you steer clear of that new ridiculous rating system where some idiot rates you on one of the hundreds of articles you've written over 6 months and avoid the few blackhat clients, there's very little nonsense.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post
New Inkling, after what I've been through with some of these sites, TB looks better and better. Yes, the payment is ridiculous (I've been there what? Six years and they haven't raised their rates yet) but you get paid and if you steer clear of that new ridiculous rating system where some idiot rates you on one of the hundreds of articles you've written over 6 months and avoid the few blackhat clients, there's very little nonsense.
I always recommend TB to people who ask me how they can get started writing. They are a great place to wet your feet and get a good idea of what clients expect from blog/article/product description writers. It teaches you to write fast if you want money. As someone who used TB as their sole income for awhile, I don't know how I did it lol

(And I definitely agree on the pay - 3,500+ articles and a proofreading test later and I am still at Level 4)
Old 05-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Super WAHM

LOL I took that ruddy proofreading test and I'm still at level 4 too, but I don't mind -- as much as I mind anything. I'm on a few teams by now and get DOs, but I just did a payout and boy, was I bummed. Can barely pay my light bill! That's 'cause I wasted so much time at OneSpace. I can't say enough bad things about them.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 05-25-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: wrong content place!

Closed Thread