Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyCat View Post
Do you notice a price difference in sales between the two sites? I have a couple of articles that I recently posted on Constant Content, but they aren't getting a lot of hits.
$0.10/word is my go-to rate on both sites. It's what I tend to price marketplace articles at, and I rarely take requests that offer less. Content Gather takes a smaller cut (20% compared to 35%) and gives an upfront payment(*) for marketplace articles (so you get 10% when you upload a piece and the rest when it sells). I get similar levels of sales on both sites.

(*) Some caveats: When you're new, you aren't allowed to charge the highest rates until your writer rating goes up, and there's a limit on how many articles you can have available for sale and still get upfront payments for adding new ones.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2017, 01:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWMM View Post
Since placing my own ads, I had gotten plenty of work at substantially higher rates and I always get at least a 50% deposit. This is my advice for getting back into writing.
Where have you had the most success placing ads?
Old 06-28-2017, 04:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewriteoption View Post
Where have you had the most success placing ads?
I hope someone can help. Thanks
Old 07-16-2017, 07:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
$0.10/word is my go-to rate on both sites. It's what I tend to price marketplace articles at, and I rarely take requests that offer less. Content Gather takes a smaller cut (20% compared to 35%) and gives an upfront payment(*) for marketplace articles (so you get 10% when you upload a piece and the rest when it sells). I get similar levels of sales on both sites.

(*) Some caveats: When you're new, you aren't allowed to charge the highest rates until your writer rating goes up, and there's a limit on how many articles you can have available for sale and still get upfront payments for adding new ones.
Thanks for the reply! I am definitely going to forego Constant Content for awhile and try out Content Gather!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Super WAHM

Have I said this before? AVOID AVOID AVOID ONESPACE, which I hate with the passion of 10 million suns. They are a complete ripoff, totally unprofessional, don't know what they're doing, etc. etc.

I'd go to I-Writer before OneSpace, and that's saying something!
Old 08-26-2017, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Thanks! I'm going to go check out those sites right now.

I was going to reapply to textbroker, but after the horror stories I've read about their new ratings policy and what not, I decided I'd just stay away. I think I just outgrew TB, if that makes sense.

Right now, I'm writing for Constant Content. I like being able to search trends, pick out something interesting, write the article, and let people buy it. It's funny, since I've been off the site for a few years, but when I logged on it showed that two people had purchased my articles just a few months ago! What a nice surprise
Just a heads up that Upwork has started turning down new freelancers in the writing and translation category. They are also getting rid of inactive freelancers. I guess they feel their market is saturated and they want to ensure their active freelancers have a fair chance at getting jobs, which I can appreciate as an Upwork provider. I don't know how long it will be before they open it up again, but it never hurts to keep trying because you can get great work off the platform.

I have written a blog post about finding freelance work that might help. Check the link in my signature to get to the blog.

Good luck!

Karen

Last edited by KHWriter; 08-26-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
I've recently returned to the wonderful world of freelance writing, and I'm unsure as to how to begin again. I'm not going back to Textbroker, but a site like that or especially like Constant Content is what I'm interested in.

Any recommendations?
You can check www.contentgather.com as you can submit your own articles in the marketplace as well as do custom jobs. I was writing for www.meritcrowd.com. Many tasks were available in August. But I could not find any tasks after that.