Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
I did a $10 contest, won it, and now have a balance of $20. I'm definitely not complaining, but I am confused. Also, how/when do I get paid? I can't see a payout button or any info about payment dates.
Thanks!!!! I will bookmark the site and check it out today. Do clients make article requests and you write the article, unsure of whether or not it will be accepted? Just trying to get an idea of how it works beforehand.

EDIT: I checked out the site and it's a lot like the job requests that clients make on ConstantContent. I've written two or three articles that weren't accepted by the client, but I turned around and posted them for sale on the site and had people buy them. All but one of the articles I've submitted have been accepted, so I have a good track record there

Last edited by NerdyCat; 06-18-2017 at 05:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2017, 11:00 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyCat View Post
Unfortunately, I can no longer work for TB because somehow they found out that I contacted a client after they announced to the team I was on that they were sorry but were no longer going to use TB. Despite explaining the situation and providing them with a copy of the post that team leader made, they said I was in violation of their terms of service. It really sucks, as I had just been promoted to L5.

Apparently, a girl on the forums who found me on facebook ended up hacking my email account (I knew she was a computer nerd, but not that big of one) and FORWARDING the email message I sent to the company to TB. I tried telling TB that if they were going to "ban" me, they should ban her, too. However, they would never reveal where they got the email from, which pissed me off because I felt like I had the right to know who exactly hacked me. It turns out this girl was crazy.

So, that stinks. I recently tried reapplying in hopes that there was a grace period or there were new staff that wouldn't recall the incident, but was rejected and told I couldn't appeal the decision.

I know it's against the TOS to contact clients off site, but I assumed that since they were leaving TB, if I waited a few weeks and reached out to them, that it wouldn't be a violation of their TOS. But, I missed the part in the TOS where it says that you can not contact clients, regardless if they no longer use the site. That seems a little extreme to me. I totally understand not being able to contact them off-site while you are accepting jobs from them via TB, but I think it's a bit absurd that, if you write for TB, you can not contact any clients off site if they have worked with TB, regardless of whether they were active clients or not.

Is it just me, or is that rule a little extreme?

Oh well. It really sucks. I would totally go back to TB, despite what I've heard about their rating system these days.

Has anyone heard of WriterBay, IAPWE or Content Gather?
Someone hacked your email account? That's very extreme. Are you sure the clients themselves didn't report you or forward your emails? I will say that I have had quite a few clients contact me privately after deciding not to use TB. I don't think it's uncommon at all, but I wouldn't doubt that if you contact a client unsolicited, they might forward it to TB in order to complain. I don't necessarily think the rule is extreme, but I do think it's broken a lot and that the spirit of the rule is to not take clients who would otherwise spend their $$ on the middle-man. That said, the letter of the law is that you can't do it at all, so it's not surprising that they'd ban you if they had proof you broke the rule.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyCat View Post
Has anyone heard of WriterBay, IAPWE or Content Gather?
I work for Content Gather. It's a lot like Constant Content, in that you can either upload articles to the marketplace or claim specific jobs.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
I work for Content Gather. It's a lot like Constant Content, in that you can either upload articles to the marketplace or claim specific jobs.
Have you had any success at actually selling articles?
Old 06-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgaw View Post
Looks like most of their sales are private request jobs at content mill rates:
https://contentgather.com/sales
Old 06-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQueue View Post
Looks like most of their sales are private request jobs at content mill rates:
https://contentgather.com/sales
Thanks - that's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
I've sold 29 so far, a mixture of marketplace articles and private requests. There seem to be loads of requests at 0.03/word and some at 0.10/word, with few in between for some reason. I usually price marketplace articles at 0.10/word, although when you're new it forces you to price them a bit lower.

Here's the articles I have available right now: https://contentgather.com/portfolio/2590 (most of these are rejects from other content mills, which is why the topics are so eclectic)
Old 06-24-2017, 06:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Yes, I've sold almost all of the articles I've posted to Constant Content.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:27 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Someone hacked your email account? That's very extreme. Are you sure the clients themselves didn't report you or forward your emails? I will say that I have had quite a few clients contact me privately after deciding not to use TB. I don't think it's uncommon at all, but I wouldn't doubt that if you contact a client unsolicited, they might forward it to TB in order to complain. I don't necessarily think the rule is extreme, but I do think it's broken a lot and that the spirit of the rule is to not take clients who would otherwise spend their $$ on the middle-man. That said, the letter of the law is that you can't do it at all, so it's not surprising that they'd ban you if they had proof you broke the rule.
I thought it might have been the company at first, but I went on to work with for them, as one of three employees, for over a year. I only stopped because the company wasn't making enough money and had to shut down.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Do you notice a price difference in sales between the two sites? I have a couple of articles that I recently posted on Constant Content, but they aren't getting a lot of hits.