Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:49 AM
WAHM Regular

You may take a look on this website Lettemwrite - Article Writing Competitions
They are offering good rate for top-notch writer. They are offering $40-$60 for 500 words article.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2017, 02:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonsonn View Post
They are offering good rate for top-notch writer. They are offering $40-$60 for 500 words article.
Can you reuse the articles that don't win the "prize money"?
Old 05-27-2017, 03:40 PM
Super WAHM

Default New Constant Content Alternative

Just came across this on Indeed:
SLEEKPost ? The Online Marketplace for Writers

They're brand new (haven't officially launched yet), so who knows if they'll be able to drum up enough buyers. They let you set your own price and you keep 100% of your price, unlike ContentGather (www.contentgather/sales), so your earning opportunities are probably better. Who knows if they'll ever launch or not, but if they get enough interest from WAHMs, their launch date might be sooner rather than later. I think ContentGather offers a referral program, so you can earn from referring other writers.

Will cross-post SleekPost in the Looking for Work forum too.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_inkling View Post
Can you reuse the articles that don't win the "prize money"?
Yes, you can. You are not bound to them.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonsonn View Post
I did a $10 contest, won it, and now have a balance of $20. I'm definitely not complaining, but I am confused. Also, how/when do I get paid? I can't see a payout button or any info about payment dates.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Super WAHM

Default I HATED Textbroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_inkling View Post
Textbroker is probably... the easiest to work with...but they don't boot you ... clients can't flat out reject your work, and if you apply to teams and such, you'll find a lot of work eventually.
I was accepted into about 50 teams and only about 3 had regular work.

And the client of one of these teams did flat out reject two of my articles and got away with it. I sent him an angry message informing him of the rules. He complained and TB fired me for my "unprofessional" message. My complaint about this client not following the rules was ignored.

Then TB refused to pay me my balance on time even though I had reached the payment threshold. I had to quote a section of their own Terms of Service before they would deign to pay me. (When they fired me I had a few articles outstanding and they claimed these would have to be approved before I could get my final balance. The TOS stated otherwise.)

This happened a few years ago, but it wasn't a big loss because I averaged about $33 per month at TB. But they proved that they don't care about their own rules and TOS.

Since placing my own ads, I had gotten plenty of work at substantially higher rates and I always get at least a 50% deposit. This is my advice for getting back into writing.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWMM View Post
I was accepted into about 50 teams and only about 3 had regular work.

And the client of one of these teams did flat out reject two of my articles and got away with it. I sent him an angry message informing him of the rules. He complained and TB fired me for my "unprofessional" message. My complaint about this client not following the rules was ignored.

I'm sorry to hear that but it's good to hear that you are doing much better.

I have never heard of a client being able to skip the revision process? Maybe I was just lucky? I thought they had to ask for a revision, and if the changes didn't meet their standards, they could reject it, then it went to TB, who reviewed it and had the final say. It's been a long time since I have had anything rejected on the site, so maybe its changed?

EDIT to clarify the quote: "they don't boot you or charge you that I know of" was in regards to missing deadlines. Not having client or quality issues.

Last edited by new_inkling; 06-03-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:19 AM
Registered WAHM

I found job4writer to be a good place to start out as a freelance writer. I've been using it for quite some time and so far I don't have any major complaints. Here's a link to it: https://job4writer.org/
Old 06-18-2017, 05:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Unfortunately, I can no longer work for TB because somehow they found out that I contacted a client after they announced to the team I was on that they were sorry but were no longer going to use TB. Despite explaining the situation and providing them with a copy of the post that team leader made, they said I was in violation of their terms of service. It really sucks, as I had just been promoted to L5.

Apparently, a girl on the forums who found me on facebook ended up hacking my email account (I knew she was a computer nerd, but not that big of one) and FORWARDING the email message I sent to the company to TB. I tried telling TB that if they were going to "ban" me, they should ban her, too. However, they would never reveal where they got the email from, which pissed me off because I felt like I had the right to know who exactly hacked me. It turns out this girl was crazy.

So, that stinks. I recently tried reapplying in hopes that there was a grace period or there were new staff that wouldn't recall the incident, but was rejected and told I couldn't appeal the decision.

I know it's against the TOS to contact clients off site, but I assumed that since they were leaving TB, if I waited a few weeks and reached out to them, that it wouldn't be a violation of their TOS. But, I missed the part in the TOS where it says that you can not contact clients, regardless if they no longer use the site. That seems a little extreme to me. I totally understand not being able to contact them off-site while you are accepting jobs from them via TB, but I think it's a bit absurd that, if you write for TB, you can not contact any clients off site if they have worked with TB, regardless of whether they were active clients or not.

Is it just me, or is that rule a little extreme?

Oh well. It really sucks. I would totally go back to TB, despite what I've heard about their rating system these days.

Has anyone heard of WriterBay, IAPWE or Content Gather?
Old 06-18-2017, 05:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitive_mind View Post
I found job4writer to be a good place to start out as a freelance writer. I've been using it for quite some time and so far I don't have any major complaints. Here's a link to it: https://job4writer.org/

Thank you!!!! Do you mind briefly sharing with me how the site works? Is it like TB or ConstantContent?

I have the page bookmarked!