Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Exclamation iWriter Payment Warning

Hi Everyone

I'm a freelance writer and have been using iWriter for about six months. Recently, many writers have been complaining about non-payment from iWriter.

I've been waiting for over a month for a payment that was deducted from my iWriter account on the 25th of March. All my attempts to contact them about the problem have been ignored.

I just want to put this out there for others who are thinking of using them. Don't! They are becoming increasingly unreliable and it seems that iWriter does not want to pay their writers.

There are a lot of very good platforms for freelance writers and iWriter definitely isn't one of them.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Super WAHM

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Thank you for warning us though!
Old 04-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the warning.

iWriter had always abused their slave-wage writers so I am not surprised. I don't know why anyone would compete for $0.005 (half a penny) per word.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinManley View Post
Hi Everyone

I'm a freelance writer and have been using iWriter for about six months. Recently, many writers have been complaining about non-payment from iWriter.

I've been waiting for over a month for a payment that was deducted from my iWriter account on the 25th of March. All my attempts to contact them about the problem have been ignored.

I just want to put this out there for others who are thinking of using them. Don't! They are becoming increasingly unreliable and it seems that iWriter does not want to pay their writers.

There are a lot of very good platforms for freelance writers and iWriter definitely isn't one of them.
Hi Colin,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with iWriter. I don't write for this company, so I'm not familiar with how often they pay. If you can't get a response from them via their site or social media platforms, I would try contacting the owner directly. Check your prior payment records on PayPal. Sometimes they include additional contact info that may not be available on the company website.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:40 PM
WAHM Regular

That's sad to hear. I actually just started using this website to get some content for my blog, but I'm hesitant to continue now if they're not paying the writers their due portion. Not okay!
Old 04-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Super WAHM

Uh-oh. Even though i-Writer can be disgraceful, one of the things I could rely on is that they paid me when they said they would. Now they're not even doing that? No bueno.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

The mistake I made with iWriter was not checking it out before signing up. It was only after I left that I Googled and found huge numbers of complaints on Warrior Forum, Hubpages, etc., from writers whose accounts were closed without receiving the money they'd earned- including, but not limited to, the $147 investment in the so-called Fast Track program; and writers whose work was rejected and later found the clients used the articles anyway without paying the writers for the work.

My personal experiences: while it took a few weeks, the only way I managed to reach payout minimum was one client liked my articles so much that she gave me bonuses and direct orders.
However- a number of other articles I wrote were rejected, and while I'd never had any articles rejected by any client before, there was never a reason- simply brushed off with statements like 'Not what I wanted' and 'Not what I'm looking for.' I don't know if the clients went ahead and used the articles anyway, but plenty of writers have said that's exactly what they do.

As for the site, it said clients can reject articles for spelling and grammar issues, but when I contacted staff I was told they can reject articles for any reason or no reason and do not even have to give an explanation.

So to both writers and clients- it's a good idea to avoid iWriter.

Last edited by gatitosmommy; 05-03-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatitosmommy View Post
The mistake I made with iWriter was not checking it out before signing up. It was only after I left that I Googled and found huge numbers of complaints on Warrior Forum, Hubpages, etc., from writers whose accounts were closed without receiving the money they'd earned- including, but not limited to, the $147 investment in the so-called Fast Track program; and writers whose work was rejected and later found the clients used the articles anyway without paying the writers for the work.

My personal experiences: while it took a few weeks, the only way I managed to reach payout minimum was one client liked my articles so much that she gave me bonuses and direct orders.
However- a number of other articles I wrote were rejected, and while I'd never had any articles rejected by any client before, there was never a reason- simply brushed off with statements like 'Not what I wanted' and 'Not what I'm looking for.' I don't know if the clients went ahead and used the articles anyway, but plenty of writers have said that's exactly what they do.

As for the site, it said clients can reject articles for spelling and grammar issues, but when I contacted staff I was told they can reject articles for any reason or no reason and do not even have to give an explanation.

So to both writers and clients- it's a good idea to avoid iWriter.
If I remember right, their rejection rate is between 10 and 20%?
Old 05-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_inkling View Post
If I remember right, their rejection rate is between 10 and 20%?
I don't know. I recall it did seem awfully high, but all I really noticed were clients ordering on the beginners level- all I could access since I didn't pay the $147 fee- and it looked like clients rejected more articles than they accepted.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Super WAHM

That's why I only go to I-Writer when I'm a little desperate (can one be a little desperate?). Even then, I don't take work from a client who has less than a 70 percent approval rating. I-writer is notorious for clients using work that they didn't pay for and the admins don't do a thing about it. I sometimes think that the only clients who are on the up-and-up are those who don't know they can steal stuff from I-writer authors and get away with it.

And what's up with this $147 fast track fee. Never heard of that, but then again I've been signed up with I-Writer since forever. I would NEVER pay any site for the privilege of allowing some client to rip off my work. Indeed, I wouldn't pay them money even if they were squeaky clean. That sounds like an outrageous scam. They oughta work for Congress.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 05-06-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: mo info