Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:00 AM
Super WAHM

Default Is Anyone Familiar With Askwonder.com

Hello Everyone,
Are any of you familiar with askwonder.com? I was recently accepted by them but I haven't completed any articles yet. It would be nice to know if any of you have had any experience with them. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Banned

Never written for them have never heard anything good about them though

https://m.reddit.com/r/WorkOnline/comments/40ishs/i_was_an_askwonder_researcher_dont_do_it/
Old 08-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadwriter View Post

https://m.reddit.com/r/WorkOnline/co...er_dont_do_it/
Apparently, another place that wants free work.

Seems to be the norm now at almost every site out there.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:56 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadwriter View Post

https://m.reddit.com/r/WorkOnline/co...er_dont_do_it/
Thanks for the SUPER link! I figured I would check them out, but I haven't completed any work for them. My work schedule is pretty full; however, from time to time I like to see what's out there....Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success19 View Post
Apparently, another place that wants free work.

Seems to be the norm now at almost every site out there.
Thank you for replying.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:19 AM
Wordpress Geek

Hi, I was recently chosen to be a wonder researcher. I had a bad experience which I want to share.

I was very exited to be chosen to be a researcher at wonder since it seemed like a great opportunity. however the way the company works is quite frankly a little disturbing…

The sample question I was given was simple enough, I researched and provided the answer it apparently was good enough for wonder so they offered me a position.

after reading through their standards and practices I moved on to my first real question where I attempted to answer the client with whatever information was available through the net.

Each time I attempted to provide an answer my response was rejected with vague notes like

“However, the response does not reach the level expected from Wonder clients. Please continue to develop your response” there was no-one to tell me what I did wrong and each time I resubmitted the question with extensive editing I received the same type of vapid response that didnt help me improve my answers at all.

I tried very hard to provide a good answers, following their guidelines, modelling my answers after some of their own, whatever I did wasn’t good enough for wonder.

In the wonder training guidelines they say “Note for new researchers: Don’t be discouraged if your first few searches come back needing revisions; it’s all a part of the learning process and in a week or so you’ll be so good you’ll be hitting your research out of the park nearly every time.”

THEY TERMINATED MY CONTRACT AFTER I HAD RESPONDED TO ONLY 5 QUESTIONS. I had been a researcher for three days when they decided I wasn’t good enough without giving me any reasonable feedback and for giving HONEST answers to clients. if there is no information available on a subject there simply int information no matter how long you google search.

to make matters worse, in every case my research is now being used by other wonder researchers I worked for over 10 total hours studying their guidelines, writing and revising research. they have used my work for profit and I was not paid a cent.

basically I feel exploited by this company as it seems they have no commitment towards training new researchers
Old 08-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperg View Post
Hello Everyone,
Are any of you familiar with askwonder.com? I was recently accepted by them but I haven't completed any articles yet. It would be nice to know if any of you have had any experience with them. Thanks in advance!
I took the qualification test, even though the question was pretty absurd. I passed, but frankly every request that has been available since I got accepted is either vague or clearly a time sink. I really doubt that it's possible to make money on this site...
Old 09-27-2016, 01:24 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The company has sent me a few emails offering "bonus" money for any research assignments I complete. For example, they will write "we will pay you an extra $15 for completing an assignment within 24hrs." I didn't bite though. I think I'll pass on this company. Thanks for the info guys....!