Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Registered WAHM

I was big on Upwork for a long time, but 20 percent is so much money to lose of every contract under $500...not to mention the withdrawal fees. Ended up making it just not cost efficient for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Super WAHM

Default Fast Way

I have found that the fastest way to get clients is by placing service ads on Craigslist. In the last month I have gotten five new clients all of whom are willing to pay my rate. I know that if I had lowered my rate to 5 cpw or less, I could have had two to three times as many clients.

Students also contact me to do their papers. One guy even wanted me to write his master's thesis. I turn down such jobs, but getting academic work doesn't seem hard to do.

I have sent out emails and answered ads, but placing ads is the best way. If you send an email the company may not hire freelancers or doesn't currently have work. By answering ads you face fierce competition. If someone answers your ad you know s/he wants to hire a writer immediately.

I place ads all over the country every 24-hours. I also renew my ads to get them to the top of the listings.

There is plenty of work available.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Registered WAHM

try freelancer.com they have a lot of writing opportunities.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:56 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWMM View Post
I have found that the fastest way to get clients is by placing service ads on Craigslist. In the last month I have gotten five new clients all of whom are willing to pay my rate. I know that if I had lowered my rate to 5 cpw or less, I could have had two to three times as many clients.

Students also contact me to do their papers. One guy even wanted me to write his master's thesis. I turn down such jobs, but getting academic work doesn't seem hard to do.

I have sent out emails and answered ads, but placing ads is the best way. If you send an email the company may not hire freelancers or doesn't currently have work. By answering ads you face fierce competition. If someone answers your ad you know s/he wants to hire a writer immediately.

I place ads all over the country every 24-hours. I also renew my ads to get them to the top of the listings.

There is plenty of work available.

Hope this helps.
This is how I've always gotten clients, too, so I'd recommend this method.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Super WAHM

Default Craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
This is how I've always gotten clients, too, so I'd recommend this method.
For those of you advertising on Craigslist, do you place your ads under Services/Writing?

Tags
academic writing, editing, online writing job, online writing jobs, online writing tips