Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:41 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Oh, I absolutely believe what nevesola said. I meant that it was ridiculous on TB's part. I haven't written for them in ages because their standards are all over the place.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Super WAHM

Y'know AG, it would almost -- almost -- be worth it if they paid people a lot more money. I've been with TB for -- what? -- a very long time indeed and haven't seen a pay raise on any level.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Granted, I was only 2 months and ~100 assignments in, but it seemed silly that a single off article would warrant the demotion. To add insult to injury, I emailed support about it and got a very snarky response basically saying "You picked up a 4 star assignment and wrote at a 3 star level, that's why you were demoted". I had to resist the urge to point out the mass of misinformation on their website(the first page you see after log in still says rating is an average of the last 5 ratings!). Overall it felt extremely unprofessional and almost like a personal attack.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesola View Post
Granted, I was only 2 months and ~100 assignments in, but it seemed silly that a single off article would warrant the demotion. To add insult to injury, I emailed support about it and got a very snarky response basically saying "You picked up a 4 star assignment and wrote at a 3 star level, that's why you were demoted". I had to resist the urge to point out the mass of misinformation on their website(the first page you see after log in still says rating is an average of the last 5 ratings!). Overall it felt extremely unprofessional and almost like a personal attack.
They keep saying they are going to change the TOS, but it still hasn't happened. There is definitely some internal problem with miscommunication over there. This whole one article thing is just not working for the site IMO. They should have focused on fixing the glitches on the site and getting more clients. There are level-4 writers saying that they are making big money, but I don't know how they get the DOs to reach the high income they are talking about. With the glitches over there, I don't know if clients are sending me DOs, and the work doesn't show up on my page for some reason.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

They must have a 3-day work week over there now. No one available Friday through Monday. I remember when things were booming over there 7-days and nights a week. Sad isn't it?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thumbs down

The site is a mess today with almost no orders, but the editors or maybe the robot is still trying to justify its existence over there. Why do they need editors when there is almost no work to rate?

They need marketers!

I doubt clients can even request articles with the problems right now.

Did the CEO of TB get his business advice from the guy at Bubblews?

How did this site sink so quickly to this level in only a few weeks?
Old 07-13-2016, 10:46 AM
WAHM Regular

I stopped writing for TB when an editor belittled me for writing for a quirky, fun assignment. I said something about people and hibernating in the winter, waiting for spring. The editor felt the need to let me know that humans do not, in fact, hibernate.

But for real, it wasn't worth the time money-wise.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklefish View Post
I stopped writing for TB when an editor belittled me for writing for a quirky, fun assignment. I said something about people and hibernating in the winter, waiting for spring. The editor felt the need to let me know that humans do not, in fact, hibernate.

But for real, it wasn't worth the time money-wise.

The client probably loved the article, and the editor was jealous about that!

There is a huge lack of work over there because a lot of clients want creativity.

We are not always writing technical journals.

Writers understand what clients want and editors don't.

More writers are creating their own websites to compete with TB.

Of course TB needs to have standards, but I am not going to Staples to buy a case of computer paper, more toner cartridges or a huge pack of highlighters to write complex managed team orders that are priced at 1.56 cents a word with a payout of $4.

Don't forget to watch the tutorials, videos and add images too for that price.

Writers can earn more working in a restaurant or store than what we are getting paid right now.

There are rumors that TB is now charging clients for images! If this is true, then why aren't writers getting part of the money for that task?
Old 07-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Seems I finally got enough direct orders in to trigger their automatic review again. Clients gave me 5 star ratings on the feedback, one gave a huge bonus for doing a last minute urgent order for them, and TB rated me a 3 star again(citing some stylistic word choices). I feel like the standard for 4 star is not only 'perfect', but 'read the mind of a future editor to know what they feel like perfect should be'.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesola View Post
I feel like the standard for 4 star is not only 'perfect', but 'read the mind of a future editor to know what they feel like perfect should be'.
The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is that TB might be selling 4-star articles at 5-star prices. (And 3-star articles at 4-star prices, etc. etc.)

That would explain the extensive research required for some of the 4-level assignments. And it might also explain why there are hardly any orders for 5-star articles (they're all being sent to 4-star writers).