Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:25 AM
Super WAHM

Exclamation Are They Hitting The Skids?

Hello Everyone,
I want to get your opinion on a current situation. I write for a company (it's not a content mill), the pay is decent, I have been writing for them for almost a year, and I've written 100s of articles/descriptions for them. However, lately, I would say the last month or so, I have been receiving rejections of some of my work. Mind you, out of all the 100s of articles/descriptions I have written I have received no more than 10 rejections! You can rewrite the rejection or cancel it, that's not an issue. What I'm wondering is, why the change all of a sudden? Things are getting a bit tougher now, and companies are trying to cut cost. Normally this company has all confirmations completed prior to the pay-period, which is usually at the end of the month. Well, this month there was a ton of my work not confirmed. It's like they wanted to try and get away with not confirming my work so that they don't have to pay out all the money for this month. I'm wondering:

1. Perhaps they have new editors who are rejection crazy.
2. The company is running out of money because as I wrote, they normally have everything confirmed prior to the end of the month for that pay period; however, this time, and the month prior, they haven't.
3. My emails are starting to go unanswered, you think maybe they are going to start trying to stiff writers for pay?
4.Or, do you think it's all of the above!...LOL

There are always signs when a company is getting ready to hit the skids. This is a very large, international travel company. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Grand WAHM

It could be all of the above. I can't say for certain, but I do hope things get better.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Whenever you start getting signs like that, it's always good to make sure you have a backup plan in place. (Not saying you don't already, of course.)
Old 06-03-2016, 04:26 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks everyone for your replies. The company recently sent out an email to all writers explaining where things have been going wrong and what needs to be corrected. So, perhaps everything is honky-dorey. I get paid very well from them each month, hence my concern. Nevertheless, I always keep my content mills on standby!

Tags
confirmations, money, rejections, travel