Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Scripted

Is anyone here still writing for Scripted? They have made a few changes lately and I was just wondering whether anyone was still writing for them. I'm struggling to find work there. The queue is almost always empty.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Registered WAHM

I check everyday too, it has been dull for more than a month now.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Most of the work I've gotten lately has been through pitches. I rarely see any work in the queue, and when I get an email that work is available, it's usually gone by the time I go to the site.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Red face

Hmmm that is good to know. I had/ have some interest in them.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:57 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I wrote a few earlier in the year because I got an email that there were some high-paying ones available. When I remember to look (which is rarely, to be honest!), there's nothing there or it's something technical that I don't want to write.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:03 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah, what they do have available pays well. It's just rarely available! I wrote a few articles for them last month and haven't seen much else lately.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:05 AM
WAHM Regular

I agree about not wanting to write the highly technical articles. Scripted pays well for the generic copywriting jobs that show up there occasionally, but not so well that it's worth digging through pages of documentation to figure out the latest changes to a programming language, or trying to explain how some incredibly advanced technical software works. And I say that as someone with a technical background. I can usually earn a higher hourly rate writing 10 mindless 400-word, $15 articles on Writer's Domain than one highly technical 1500 word article on Scripted for $150.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Scripted changes

I've written for Scripted for about a year, with good comments from clients and was a "favorite writer" for several of them.

They have a new Performance Feedback system, and if your performance slips for any reason, you're locked out of seeing much of the available work. I never had trouble finding work there, but I recently got a poor review from one very difficult client. Scripted told me that I wouldn't be seeing all the available work any more, that it was reserved for their "best" writers. They suggested writing on spec for their Topic Marketplace to "build up my rating." That meant, essentially, starting all over again from the bottom.

Sorry. No. I'll stick with Blogmutt, which doesn't pay as much, but they're always good to their writers and there's always work there.