Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:03 AM
Registered WAHM

Default WARNING: SCAMMER from NAIROBI will NOT Pay you , DONT WRITE FOR THEM

A group of scammers is active on all freelancing websites to steal your time and effort for their benefits.

They publish "Need article writers" type of ads on freelancing websites. When you apply, they send you their Skype ID, and ask you to start working immediately.

They dont really bother interviewing your properly, or care about your location, writing quality, or payment details.

They will just put you on work to write articles for them and send them in the skype or email if you insist.

They will not share any details about their company, website, business etc.

If you work for them and send them articles, and at the end of week, month you ask for payment, they will simply disappear.

So far we identified following information about them. The main person seams to be behind all this gang is Edwin Kaguri (this is his real name, you can find his profile on many websites).

We caught him through following our contents that was published on a client's website. From there on we followed his digital foot-prints back to this guy, Edwin Kaguri.

This gang is operating from Nairobi,Kenya. But they appear in skype as from USA, and claim that they belong to USA.

Following is some additional information about this gang.

Real Names: Edwin Kaguri, Alvine Bolton

Fake names they use (can vary):
Jose,
Steve,
Stephen,
Clare,
Aldrin

Skype Ids they used recently:
1- the21stplatform
2. stephen.writing123
3. richardson.campbell
4. chris.jarson3
5- Jose Albert

Past Activity: They were involved in many scams, posting fake jobs, looting freelancers in many ways

Recent Activity: Scamming new writers, getting work done through skype and disappearing.

Their IP Addresses: They use proxy, but through some investigations they get caught by following IPs. If you search these , you will find thread about their other SCAMs as well.

1- 10.27.63.196
2- 2a00:1450:400c:c09::22f (search this with quotes, you will get more)

So be carefull, and if you happened to work for them and scammed , post your comments here or contact us,

We have found many articles online and tracked their clients and claimed our money through them. Most of the clients are kind enough to pay you if you provide them good evidence.

Thanks and happy writing:

Write Help
writestk @gm ail

Last edited by writehelp; 03-06-2016 at 06:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Banned

Default posted this in Nairobi Grouops

Your article is both informative and saddening at the same time. I have come across similar complaints before, here in Nairobi, Kenya (that's my home). To make sure that these jacks get what they deserve, I have shared your article in all Kenyan article writers' platforms on Facebook.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Thanks, We appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercilla View Post
Your article is both informative and saddening at the same time. I have come across similar complaints before, here in Nairobi, Kenya (that's my home). To make sure that these jacks get what they deserve, I have shared your article in all Kenyan article writers' platforms on Facebook.

Thank you very much for spreading the word, vercilla. We are not almost 40 writers got together against these scammers who had stolen our days of hard work. All of us are spreading the awareness about them. Such people are shame for online community, where people like you and me come to earn some money to feed their children and raise their families.

Stay blessed.

Mike & Winson and whole team of WriteHelp
Old 03-23-2016, 11:02 PM
WAHM Regular

I was also scammed by the 21st platform. what a sad bunch of idiots running scams like this.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:35 AM
Registered WAHM

We should work for the clients those who are real and need top class writer. iwriter is a best freelance wrting marketplace. They test a freelancer 100% bby testing grammer etc before they hire them. Thank you for the warning.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Awesome WAHM

Sad to hear, but unfortunately there's too many of these going around. Thanks for getting the word out on these scamsters.

Tags
fraud, scam awareness, skype, write