Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Do Scripted editors have quotas for the amount of work they send back?

I've been working at Scripted for several years. I used to edit there, but haven't done so since they overhauled the editing process last year.

If there are any current Scripted editors here - do you have quotas for the amount of work you have to send back for revisions? Lately, I've been getting so many revision requests for tiny changes - things that editors could change themselves in less than a minute, such as fixing a single typo or adding a provided link. All the editing guidelines I have say that editors should change these kind of errors, but maybe things have changed? For example, I've just had to move a link from one place in an article to a different place (in contradiction to the client's instructions). Or they ask for vague changes in tone or for extra fluff to be added (which the client usually then asks to be removed). A few times I've sent the article back without doing the revisions, when it's been accepted and I've received a tip and a favorite from the client, so it can't be that terrible!

It seems like such a monumental waste of time to spend a couple of days sending an article back to the writer, then to the editor again, and then to the client, for a change that could have been made in 30 seconds and passed straight through. So, why do you do it? Is it for the extra payment that comes from doing two rounds of editing instead of one? Or is there a quota you have to meet?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2016, 01:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I used to edit there, and I don't remember a quota. I do remember that I was both writing and editing on a project, and I got some articles sent back for tiny issues that I always fixed when I was editing, so I think some editors there are just lazy. Others are great and will fix probably more than they should. And I have also gotten revisions that didn't really make sense and that I doubt the client would agree with.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:40 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
I used to edit there, and I don't remember a quota. I do remember that I was both writing and editing on a project, and I got some articles sent back for tiny issues that I always fixed when I was editing, so I think some editors there are just lazy. Others are great and will fix probably more than they should. And I have also gotten revisions that didn't really make sense and that I doubt the client would agree with.
I wrote a batch of five articles and every one of them came back with edit requests like "please change the word "big" to "large." Or "use a period here instead of a semicolon." Why write a whole sentence about changing one word or punctuation mark? Annoying.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Awesome WAHM

I had revision requests that took longer to type than it would have been to just fix the error. I feel like it's just laziness or maybe the need to point out errors...
Old 01-03-2016, 07:31 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I was considering writing in to support and asking if this was the new trend in editing... I don't write there often at all, but it's a good thing to know for future reference. If every (or almost every) article will come back with edit requests like that, it's good to factor that in when deciding if a particular piece is worth the price, you know?
Old 01-08-2016, 01:37 AM
WAHM Regular

I've had requests like these, too. Did anyone write in to support about these? If so, what was the response?