Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Triple Curve Project California

Has anyone worked on this? If so,
  • was it straightforward to write and assemble?
  • what is the pay like? I couldn't find any info in the style guide or ad.
  • are they reasonable to work for?

I've been thinking ahead to the holidays and trying to manage slow periods. This seems like a possibility, but also looks like a real time commitment. I wanted to get some idea what I'd be in for before going through all the sign up process.

Thanks in advance for any opinions and insights!

Mary
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Banned

Sorry, but this project has a non-disclosure agreement. It'll probably also be flooded with applicants now, so I wouldn't expect much if I were you.

Last edited by AC80; 09-19-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:06 AM
WAHM Regular

That's frustrating about the NDA.

About it getting flooded with applicants, I just saw it today on a major job board, so it was seen by the multitudes before I posted here.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned

I don't know anything about this particular project, but I don't work for them anymore, so I can tell you my experience. The editors were awesome when I was there. They usually give very helpful information when sending things back for revision. The pay is always on time and accurate 99.9% of the time, but nobody is perfect.

What I didn't like about them was the same thing I didn't like about CrowdSource. They share many of the same clients (ask.com, for one) and the guidelines are about the same. Triple Curve is a bit more demanding about getting work done quickly, and will take you off a project if you don't complete your work in the time and quantity they demand. Also, they have quotas, which is a HUGE reason I quit. I did not become a freelancer to be told that I'm not an employee, but I have to produce X amount of work in order to stay on a project. IMHO, that makes you an employee. It seemed like they want workers who are dedicated just to TC, and they have some, just like every site does. I'm not like that. I like to move around, and not be made to stay on any one site for any length of time, but if you can work like that, TC is a great company with nice people.
ETA: If they paid enough, I wouldn't have minded the quotas, but the pay wasn't enough to keep me tied down to that much work for them every week.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll pass on it, after reading your experience, as well as the ad and the style guide. The minimum 25 a week sounds like a major time commitment. I'm having good luck growing my private client list, though it's still up and down. I need to be available for projects.

I'll find other ways to bridge the gap. And use the slow times for my ebooks.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WritingFun View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll pass on it, after reading your experience, as well as the ad and the style guide. The minimum 25 a week sounds like a major time commitment. I'm having good luck growing my private client list, though it's still up and down. I need to be available for projects.

I'll find other ways to bridge the gap. And use the slow times for my ebooks.
I didn't like the quotas for that very same reason. Since I was working on several sites that paid more, I wanted to be available when work was. I found myself pushing their work to a back burner when better paying work was available, then having to stay up late at night to catch up so I wouldn't get kicked off the projects. I finally gave up and got removed from all the projects, so I asked them to close my account.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

Apply today to learn more! To complete the minimum of 25 per week would require 6 to 8 hours. We have steady work throughout 2015, so if you are interested, apply today.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:52 PM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

Default Project Hiring Today!

We are building a team of writers and editors to create page collections that focus around holiday, seasonal, and lifestyle themes. There are two portions to the project, which includes content and image sourcing. The project is long-term and expected to last throughout 2015.

The content portion of the project includes creating a title, subtitle, and description that focus around the collection topic. Overall, the content needs to be high quality, fun, engaging, and snappy, and it should never have a "salesy" tone. Ultimately, the content draws the reader in and makes them interested to view the images on the page.

Writers source images to assemble a collection that provides readers with an engaging visual to accompany the content. The images must relate to the collection topic, and provide a cohesive feel.

Sample Collection Subject: The Alternative Travel Project
Sample Collection Title: Travel differently, live a healthy lifestyle
Sample Collection Subtitle: Walk, bike, or roll your way to a healthier planet
Sample Collection Description: Think green. Encourage well-being. Take the road less traveled. Walk past your car, and choose a different path tomorrow the first step on a journey to a healthier environment and fitter body. In the spirit of The Alternative Travel Project, one single day can make a lasting impact on the earth and the way you personally perceive that circadian voyage. Bikes whirring down sidewalks and sneakers forging their own paths are just small pieces of the bigger eco-friendly picture.

Responsibilities:

- Able to commit to at least 25 collections/week
- Understand the style guide details
- Ensure each collection follows client's style guidelines
- Make sure spelling, grammar, and tone are correct
- Be able to create aesthetically beautiful collection pages
- Communicate with writers/editors pending revisions

If you are interested, please review the Style Guide here: http://goo.gl/Gyq5qk and submit the writing application (http://goo.gl/kC2r75) or editing application (http://goo.gl/kOspSy). If you are accepted, you will be asked to complete 1 paid collection trial.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCurve Recruiting View Post
Apply today to learn more! To complete the minimum of 25 per week would require 6 to 8 hours. We have steady work throughout 2015, so if you are interested, apply today.
But see, that is the problem. Why should someone be forced to dedicate 6-8 hours a week (which is a lowball estimate, from my experience), a WHOLE DAY of work, to a low-paying job when there is higher paying work available?

I quit because I had instances where I was contracted by another client to spend an entire week making almost twice as much money. I ended up having to either work insane hours to meet your quotas or get thrown off the project. I understand you feel you need committed people to get the work done on time and complete the project, but what you are doing is running off good people who don't want to work that way.

Catch-22, I guess.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Awesome WAHM

And they're also asking for graphic design skills, it seems.