Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC80 View Post
You're wrong, MReynolds.

ssrr8, I think it's just that you tend to come off as a little judgmental yourself, and...well, I'm not sure I see the point in making everything so personal. In other words, I doubt that anyone cares that you hit the financial skids and had to go live with your mother -- but that doesn't go down too well after your judgmental words about unemployment, especially when you don't even know how that system works.
Agreed. The unemployment benefits that my husband spent years paying into were a lifesaver when he was laid off earlier this year and out of work for 5 1/2 months. The desire to be "independent" sometimes takes a back seat to the need to eat and pay bills.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I know that now, and I should have done more research before jumping to conclusions.

I guess that's what a dysfunctional background has done to me. I try so hard not to be like my family that I end up going the extreme at times.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrr88 View Post
Well, I know that now, and I should have done more research before jumping to conclusions.

I guess that's what a dysfunctional background has done to me. I try so hard not to be like my family that I end up going the extreme at times.
You know -- that type of toxic family can really have an effect on your current life. Trying hard not to be like them just for the sake of not being like them gives them too much power over your happiness. Your mother sounds like a real piece of work, btw, and you're right to feel proud that you've chosen a self sufficient path. But keep in mind that not everyone's out to get you or hurt you the way your family did. There's such a thing as being so emotionally self sufficient and isolated that you miss out on a lot of life's good things.

I hope you consider a support group for those who grew up in the sort of dysfunction you describe. It sounds like you need to talk about these things and do some sorting out.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Negativity is just a catchword on these forums for "I don't like your post."
That and "unprofessional."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1976 View Post
Agreed. The unemployment benefits that my husband spent years paying into were a lifesaver when he was laid off earlier this year and out of work for 5 1/2 months. The desire to be "independent" sometimes takes a back seat to the need to eat and pay bills.
No kidding. I've never been on unemployment, but I've certainly paid plenty into it. I don't see myself going back into the B&M world anytime soon, but if I do, I'll certainly collect unemployment if I need it.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You know -- that type of toxic family can really have an effect on your current life. Trying hard not to be like them just for the sake of not being like them gives them too much power over your happiness. Your mother sounds like a real piece of work, btw, and you're right to feel proud that you've chosen a self sufficient path. But keep in mind that not everyone's out to get you or hurt you the way your family did. There's such a thing as being so emotionally self sufficient and isolated that you miss out on a lot of life's good things.

I hope you consider a support group for those who grew up in the sort of dysfunction you describe. It sounds like you need to talk about these things and do some sorting out.
Thank you. It's not easy, but I'm working towards the path of healing. I guess I'm really hurting because the time when I moved in with her, it was after a four-year hiatus from her, and I was willing to give her another chance only to feel like I've been lied to. And it doesn't help when my older siblings treat her like a goddess who can't be questioned. Since then, I don't forgive so easily, and not so hopeful of abusive people changing.

I do visit an online support group. That helps, but as they say "Time heals all wounds."

Wow, I can't believe how off-topic this thread went, but I'm doing what I can to recover.

Last edited by ssrr88; 09-24-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Banned

It's no big deal that it went off-topic -- happens all the time in real life conversations.

Isn't it weird how some kids of abusive parents idolize the parent as adults? I don't get that myself. Maybe that's part of how they cope, idk.

Sounds like you're going through something like this:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...sistic-mothers

I know I read somewhere about a forum for daughters of narcissistic mothers.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Originally Posted by AC80:

Negativity is just a catchword on these forums for "I don't like your post."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaKay View Post
That and "unprofessional.
Originally Posted by Success19

Some writers love managed teams and some don't. I actually think the current way managed teams are managed is not good for a lot of reasons. The idea started out fantastic but went bad quickly IMO.

LindaKay

All of your posts seem to be negative.

LindaKay

I guess the Pinterrific thing didn't work out -- it looks like you sold it. Thanks a lot for letting me know. How professional.

Sending positive and happy thoughts your way. Cheers!
Old 09-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Banned

Why are you stalking LindaKay? That's just weird.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Why are you stalking LindaKay? That's just weird.
Nope, no stalking here. A simple search located those posts. I still believe a lot of her posts are negative. Obviously, you don't agree.

I posted those to prove a point. If she wants to gripe about my use of the word "negative", then maybe she shouldn't use the term either.

Like I said before, I don't frequent this forum as often as the Textbroker forum. In general, the people over there are friendlier.

Textbroker doesn't allow you to talk about other writing sites, but I've noticed many of the authors are more than willing to make suggestions about which teams are worthwhile. In fact, when a well-paying team is added, someone will usually post about it in the forum for all to see.

I won't be replying to anymore of your posts. I've made my point. Have a nice evening.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Banned

That's nice, MReynolds. I'm sure you fit in quite well in Textbroker's forum Not sure what point you were trying to make -- those words can certainly be used in the proper context, as LindaKay did...you can believe what you want, but trying to control what people post and doing searches on them is just weird.

One thing you should keep in mind about TB's forum -- it's private. It seems to bother you that people here aren't forthcoming with leads (and somehow, you're equating this with friendliness), but this place gets thousands of lurkers, and most of us support ourselves by writing. Last time I checked, TB's forums were populated by housewives and a few stray students.

Have fun in TB's forums. I rarely get over that way anymore I write too slowly to make it worth my while to work for those low rates.

Last edited by AC80; 09-24-2015 at 05:22 PM.