Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:43 PM
WAHM Fanatic

It's not scam; if it was, I think you would have heard about it by now. Look it up if you're worried about it, but seriously, starting another bank account for it is not necessary. It does not cost money when you go through Scripted, either. I do prefer PayPal because I get immediate access to my money with my debit card there, while bill.com takes 2 days after Scripted pays. But it goes right into your bank account, which is nice.

While Scripted is not perfect and I only write there rarely these days, it is still the best content mill out there, IMO. I guess everyone has different experiences, so try it out for yourself. If you can get approved to write there (which may be a crapshoot due to a weird, subjective approval process) you can make pretty good money.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
It's not scam; if it was, I think you would have heard about it by now. Look it up if you're worried about it, but seriously, starting another bank account for it is not necessary. It does not cost money when you go through Scripted, either. I do prefer PayPal because I get immediate access to my money with my debit card there, while bill.com takes 2 days after Scripted pays. But it goes right into your bank account, which is nice.

While Scripted is not perfect and I only write there rarely these days, it is still the best content mill out there, IMO. I guess everyone has different experiences, so try it out for yourself. If you can get approved to write there (which may be a crapshoot due to a weird, subjective approval process) you can make pretty good money.
I am signed up with bill dot com and approved in one category at Scripted so far (I haven't applied to other categories). I have to read the guidelines there and make sure not to get theirs confused with TBs.

Every site is so different, and it takes awhile to figure things out!
Old 08-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Awesome WAHM

Okay, so after all of that nonsense of signing up through them for Bill dot com after being told I was accepted, there was nothing for me to write.

Now, after three weeks, I get an email that my application article was reviewed by the community (is that other writers or editors?), it says my application was not accepted.

That is just beyond weird to operate a business that way.

However, I can apply to other categories, and that is a time-consuming process of course.

If other writers are reviewing, then that is absurd because of course they wouldn't want competition.

I won't be recommending scripted to anyone, they should at least give writers a chance to write something first that is in the pool.

I feel sorry for the clients over there too.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:30 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Your application to Scripted may have been accepted, but your application to whatever specialty you wrote for might not have been.

I don't write for them often at all; I did a bunch of articles last year when we were getting ready to close on our house (needed to wrack up some money for closing costs!) and I recently wrote one article for about $40, because I got an email that reminded me about the existence of the company. I didn't remember it being an onerous process to get approved for specialties, but it's been a long time, so I could be misremembering or maybe things have changed.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:44 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I have reviewed applications there before and was actually fair; if the writing sample was good, I recommended that Scripted hire the writer. Of course, it's not all up to one writer, so maybe it didn't make a difference, and I'm sure a lot of writers rejected every application to avoid competition. That's why I don't even bother applying to more specialties. The 3 I'm approved in do have some work most of the time. But yeah, it is a frustrating experience to apply to specialties these days. It wasn't always this hard. :/
Old 09-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian Page View Post
I'm having a lot of trouble getting paid by them. They were fine when they used PayPal, but they switched to bill.com, which seems to be a mess.

Anyone else having a problem?
I worked a year for them, and then they decided they didn't like my Canadian grammar, or English, so they removed me from the site. I was owed over $1200 for the articles I had written. They never paid me, yet I'm finding my articles on the web, used. I decided to re-use my articles as I see fit, and if anyone complains, well, I was never paid, and it was breech of contract.

Can't recommend Scripted at all. Steer clear of them.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Super WAHM

MelDawn, that's horrifying. So glad this site is here, now I know which places not to even think of applying for!

Last edited by Blair Girl; 09-10-2015 at 05:52 PM. Reason: italics!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelDawn9 View Post
I worked a year for them, and then they decided they didn't like my Canadian grammar, or English, so they removed me from the site. I was owed over $1200 for the articles I had written. They never paid me, yet I'm finding my articles on the web, used. I decided to re-use my articles as I see fit, and if anyone complains, well, I was never paid, and it was breech of contract.

Can't recommend Scripted at all. Steer clear of them.
What?! Surely not.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

Wow, MelDawn, that really bites. I'm sorry to hear that. I thought that sort of thing was something of the past but apparently there will always be lowlifes around I guess. I was contemplating checking that site out a few weeks ago since things are a little slow right now for me but now I am definitely re-thinking!

You do whatever you choose with those articles. I had a private client on odesk back in like 2009 or something mess me over for almost $500 and I was livid. I learned my lesson(yeah, I know, escrow!!!) and made sure I never went through that again.