Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:36 AM
WAHM Regular

I eventually quit writing for them entirely because the edit requests became too random. The instructions would say one thing but the client "just didn't like it". Sorry, but that is not fruitful feedback whatsoever- in fact, one client in particular used that tactic to pay half. Shortly after they switched to Bill.com, I cut ties.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2015, 11:22 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm sorry you're having trouble! I have never had major payment issues with Scripted. I've found that some projects do take longer to pay out (the eBay project comes to mind) -- I think I've received payment on articles as much as 6 weeks after they were due. I haven't been writing much for Scripted this summer, but the handful of articles I have done were approved quickly and payment was issued on the next payday.

I do think their responsiveness and customer service are lacking. Several times, I have used the generic contact form (because I never know who is the lead on the project) for questions about article guidelines/missing guidelines, etc., only to receive either no response or a response weeks after I submitted the article. So, I'm sure if there's a payment issue, they wouldn't be particularly helpful, either.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Awesome WAHM

I had forgotten about this site but went to update over there. First, the grammar tests were odd and no feedback but a score. No problem though because I passed that part. Then I selected one category and had to fill out the tagline and write not one but two samples that I think clients look at when searching for writers. I plan to go back and add on other categories but found the interface difficult to see with the small print on the left side of the screen. Hopefully, the print is larger when we actually write articles. I didn't see anything in that category that interested me and couldn't find any writer's guidelines or information to read about the style wanted. I guess I can assume they want AP style and USA spelling.

Anyway, right away I got a message about the pay thing that suggested I sign up with their epayment plan instead of the bill dot com site. For their epayment, I would need to submit my own invoice, and I consider that time-consuming but maybe they make writers do that with the bill dot com site too. I have already supplied my tax ID number but have concerns about giving them my bank info. In the past, there have been sites that got that information and hacked into accounts. Is there a forum over there or a link to information that I am not seeing?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks for warning me off this site, everybody. The more of these places I look up the more I appreciate TB. I think in the years I've been with them there was a problem once or twice with getting paid and it wasn't even their fault (It was Paypal's).

And Crowdsource is a joke. Questions over there are really bottom of the barrel right now. Don't know when they're gonna refresh the queue, if ever.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've written for Scripted since 2012 and never heard of an epayment option. It was just PayPal and then switched to Bill.com in maybe 2013, so that must be new. With Bill.com, you don't submit your own invoice. They do it for you based on what has been edited and accepted. And TB doesn't compare to this site IMO. I much prefer Scripted based on pay alone. I have a lot of private clients who pay more than scripted, but this site is still a great backup for slower times and the pay is not too much of a step down from my private clients. I have tried writing for TB during slow times, and even as a level 4, I feel like I hardly make anything. I have had just as many edit requests and payment delays on TB as Scripted (very few at both places), but at least when I get paid by Scripted, it's a lot more money for the same amount of time.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Super WAHM

Do you ever wonder why people have such wildly different experiences at all of these sites?
Old 08-13-2015, 05:46 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post
Do you ever wonder why people have such wildly different experiences at all of these sites?
Probably a combination of perspective (what seems like a long time to me might not seem that way to you, or vice versa) and luck. It also probably depends on the amount of money at stake. If someone owes me $500+, I am really on top of it, waiting for that money. If someone owes me $50, I'm likely to not worry about it for a while.

I wrote for Scripted last year and I remember complaining that it took over a month to get paid for some of the work. It was a sizable amount of money, maybe $1,000? It did finally come through with no problem, though. I just wrote something for them recently for $40, and I got the approval email, so we'll see if I get paid on the next payday.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Probably a combination of perspective (what seems like a long time to me might not seem that way to you, or vice versa) and luck.
Yep, it really depends on what you're used to. Some of the clients I've been working for for years only pay once a month, and others pay once every two weeks or once a week. So waiting a month or 6 weeks for money is not that crazy to me. I have waited for money for like 3 months before when I worked for agencies. Now that is a long time! Additionally, I got hired at Scripted right at the start. I think the process to get started was easier then. Now I think the process is horrible and completely subjective, which is why I don't bother applying to other subjects there. So I do think I got lucky in that way.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

I just started over there and am in one category so far. Haven't seen anything to write that looks like my expertise. Is it better to apply for several categories before writing there or begin writing for one category at a time?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

Does Bill dot com cost money and ask for credit card information?

I sent an email to Scripted for clarification on the email they sent me - and they say it is to setup a free Bill dot com account.

I have never signed up for Bill dot com because all other sites use Paypal.

I went over to the Bill dot com site and right off it asked for my credit card info to charge me a fee.

Obviously, the Bill dot com link from Scripted is a better deal, but I don't know if this is some kind of scam.

I am considering getting another bank account just for Bill dot com and Scripted to avoid any problems.