Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:05 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Advice in affordable laptops for writing

Hey, ladies! I'm in need of a new laptop. Right now I have an HP that I hate. What's a good laptop to buy for writing? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2015, 10:35 AM
WAHM Regular

When it comes to writing, I think you need to answer this question instead: What do you want to do with this laptop besides writing? The requirements aren't very high if all you want to do is type away in a word processor.

As much as I don't like the brand, I've always enjoyed Lenovo keyboards and touchpads, so you could look into their line-up. I'd avoid MSI mostly because their touchpads are utterly abysmal to use.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Other than my writing stuff, I'm not too demanding on my laptop. It's basically just used for writing, basic browsing, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. When my last laptop crapped out on me a few months ago, I purchased an Acer Aspire for less than $300 at Walmart. It seems to be working just fine so far.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered WAHM

If all you need is something for writing and surfing, I'd absolutely recommend a google chromebook. You can get them for less than 200 bucks and they're good quality machines if you don't need them to do anything demanding.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Banned

I have one of the cheaper 15" Dell Inspiron laptops, which is about $394 at WalMart now. They have a refurbished one for less than $300. They're not the cheapest, but I do a lot more than write on it. It has the capability I need for streaming videos, and downloading music and images. I still get frustrated by the speed sometimes, but that's just me being impatient. I've had mine for 2 years. My last Inspiron lasted almost 4 years, and I use it 16-18 hours a day, because I do everything online, including all my entertainment. I've been pleased with it so far. Now problems other than getting used to Windows 8.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:12 AM
WHAM Me You

Try Acer i3 laptops.
I was freelancing as a copy writer and Acer's
new generation laptops are just great for me .