Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Looking for a Reliable writer at 1.5c per word

I am looking for a highly reliable author who can write for 1.5 cents per word.

You would be writing:

-Articles
-Blog Posts
-Guides
-eBooks
-Website Content
-Product Reviews
-Etc.

What I am looking for is reliability. I need someone who can write every day, check their email regularly, have a high output, and someone who is disciplined, responsible, and wants this position.

I pay through PayPal.

I only need high-quality writing, so if you are not a really good writer, please don't apply.

Send an email to [email protected] with samples if you want some work.

Last edited by *In*2*Win*; 01-15-2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: removed fully capitalized word usage in title
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2015, 02:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar View Post
high quality writing... write everyday... 1.5 cents per word
In any area of business, you can have any two of the following:
  • Fast
  • Good
  • Cheap

You appear to want all three. Anyone you get replying is going to ditch you as soon as work comes into a content mill, as the pay is better there.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Banned

You won't find really good writers who are going to drop everything they are doing to be at your beck and call for that kind of money. I wouldn't do it for less than .10 a word, honestly. I assume the reason you want this type of person is that you are outsourcing from sites that require quick turnaround, and I have always found that those sites do not allow outsourcing and set those quick turnaround times to keep people from outsourcing. I guess where there is a will, there is a way.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks to both of you for articulating so well the exact thoughts I have every time I see these recurring posts.

Last edited by LuvWAHLife; 01-15-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Registered WAHM

If you are looking for a perfect writer, they are available at a perfect price too.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:50 PM
WAHM Regular

I've seen several people reply that this is a low rate. I'd like to hear thoughts from those saying this what they think a fair rate is. I wrote many articles for Yahoo Contributor Network.

Granted, I would pick topics that interested me, and they had some really lax quality standards to hit.

Also, is the turnaround time requested the issue? I thought that having a steady stream of articles was a plus rather than being quite hit and miss with assignments.

Just wondering,
Old 01-27-2015, 02:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityShowFan View Post
I've seen several people reply that this is a low rate. I'd like to hear thoughts from those saying this what they think a fair rate is.
You're bound to hear rates all across the spectrum, Reality. I've seen people claim a piece of a penny is as fair as $25/word as is 5 cents a word.

I have never, however, seen anyone other than myself suggest using the Occupational Handbook as a guide. At least there, we all have an expected hourly rate.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:06 AM
WAHM Fanatic

If I had to pull a dollar amount out of the air, I'd say that 3 cents per word would be fair for a newer writer or with very generous deadlines, a predictable format, easy topics, etc. Maybe more like 5 cents per word for a more established writer, or for quicker deadlines. For extremely quick turnaround and excellence besides? Or for a topic that required research on top of writing? I'd say 7-10+ cents per word would be more realistic if they want some one reliable.

(I'm talking about basic web articles here; things like press releases or brochure copy are paid at a higher rate.)

I'm sure that there are reliable, good and fast writers who will work for a penny per word, but they're few and far between, and they don't know what good writing is worth. Once they find out, they're likely to quit this type of gig with haste, IMO.

Last edited by beanandpumpkin; 01-27-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityShowFan View Post
I've seen several people reply that this is a low rate. I'd like to hear thoughts from those saying this what they think a fair rate is. I wrote many articles for Yahoo Contributor Network.

Granted, I would pick topics that interested me, and they had some really lax quality standards to hit.

Also, is the turnaround time requested the issue? I thought that having a steady stream of articles was a plus rather than being quite hit and miss with assignments.

Just wondering,

A quote from a thread in a writers' forum elsewhere:

"SFWA and the Author's Union acknowledge 5 to 7 cents per word as a minimum professional payment.
2.5 cents to 4.9 cents they classify as semi-professional.
1 to 1.5 cents is nominated as 'token payment.'"

In my opinion, any client/broker/outsourcer who expresses the following expectations seeks a professional writer and therefore should expect to pay the industry standard for professional work:

"What I am looking for is reliability. I need someone who can write every day, check their email regularly, have a high output, and someone who is disciplined, responsible, and wants this position."

"I only need high-quality writing, so if you are not a really good writer, please don't apply."

Of course, the industry standard may be debatable and vary according to genre and context; however, in my opinion, it isn't 1.5 cpw. I think that the rates beanandpumpkin has suggested above are entirely reasonable for content writing.

Now, do I provide work via content brokers for 1-1.5 cpw on occasion? Yes, but I'm picky about the assignments I take and the clients with whom I'm willing to work. In my opinion, expecting any person to work every day and provide high output for 1.5 cpw is rather Draconian, ****ensian, or at the very least, unrealistic -- such an expectation could well be the reason for an apparently high turnover rate.

I would never judge anyone for taking low-paying work as needed (I certainly have done so myself), but I also don't believe that freelance workers/independent contractors/telecommuters should settle for being treated like modern-day indentured servants (so to speak).

Last edited by LuvWAHLife; 01-27-2015 at 04:02 PM.