Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Super WAHM

Default Writers Of Scripted.com

Do you honestly like writing there? I've had an account with them for the longest time and now considering to write with them. Are the approval times still ultra slow?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Yep. Review times are still slow; most of my articles take weeks. Some have taken months.

Most of my work there is editing.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:50 PM
WAHM Regular

I stopped even looking for work on Scripted because the pitch process was too random. Some pitches were accepted immediately, others lingered for weeks, and others were rejected with no reasoning given as to why. Payment also takes too long and sometimes they expect you to adhere to client guidelines that aren't communicated to you until after you've written the article.

On the bright side, you did get paid half even if a client rejected your edited version of something, but after the back and forth of "well, the client actually wanted all these formatting and detail specifics that we never told you about", it never seemed worth it to me financially.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:50 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm not sure about the editors to be honest!

I've only had one article sent back for editing, and I didn't understand the edit requests on it. Do editors get paid by how many articles they send back or something?

One said something like please give examples for each point. Every point had a very specific example.

The other said please use references. It was about self-employment so was all from my experience.

I wrote comments in the box back to ask for clarification, a) pointing out that each point DID have an example and b) explaining it was from my experience and would they like to me go and find references to back it up. All very politely.

Next thing I know, it was rejected and I only got paid 50%.

I did email Scripted, they said I should have emailed support and they would have got clarification for me, so what's the point of having a box for the writer then?
Old 11-25-2014, 10:24 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I think the editors get paid the same whether they fix stuff on their own or send it back. But some editors are definitely more reasonable than others. Some do not appear to read the guidelines on the article, and I also had one editor who said that every point I made was too similar to the article I got it from. It was a fairly short blog post and I used like 5 sources, pulling a single point from each one and completely changing the wording while also referring to the source by name to give full credit. But somehow the editor thought I needed to change each point more so it was almost unrecognizable. Umm, what's the point of giving a source credit if I can't even use the info I got from it? It was a bizarre experience. But most of the time, I don't have editor problems at Scripted and I do like writing there.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Emily, they have at least two levels of editors there. I work as a remote editor, but they also have in-house editors. You can't really talk back and forth to the first round of editors, but I've asked for clarification from in-house editors before with no problems. You can tell the difference by the in-line notes. If specific sections are highlighted with requests, then the editor was in-house. If it's a bunch of general notes, it was a remote editor.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I also occasionally edit for Scripted. Honestly, though, the editing has gotten more difficult with the looooong and very detailed lists of instructions. This section needs to be 60 characters, that one needs to be 80 words, this subheading has to be an H2 but that one should be an H3, unless this characteristic is present, in which case it should also be an H2. Use this extremely common word twice,and no more than twice, in an article about that particular word. Gah. I've mostly crossed them off of my list of viable options for slow times.

But no, editors are not paid more to send articles back.

Last edited by beanandpumpkin; 11-25-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Super WAHM

Meanwhile, they're laughing all the way to the bank...

Scripted raises $9M for its writing services, plans to launch copy-editing service next year
Old 11-26-2014, 06:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannie View Post
Emily, they have at least two levels of editors there. I work as a remote editor, but they also have in-house editors. You can't really talk back and forth to the first round of editors, but I've asked for clarification from in-house editors before with no problems. You can tell the difference by the in-line notes. If specific sections are highlighted with requests, then the editor was in-house. If it's a bunch of general notes, it was a remote editor.
That's really helpful to know, thank you