Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Technical Problems on Scripted

I am constantly experiencing technical problems with Scripted. I've emailed support a few times, but they always want ridiculously detailed information, like the exact time the problem occurred, screenshots, all my operating system information, etc.

Since their support team always takes a day or so to contact me after I first send the issue, it's usually resolved by the time they get back to me. They act like I'm the only one having these problems, but I've experienced them on multiple computers and internet providers, so I know that can't be the case.

Here are some examples:

1. Missing articles under my Payments tab.
2. A message about being unable to retrieve my data. I get this one a lot.
3. Right now, it won't let me submit edits that I've completed. It's just hanging up on the spell check step.
4. Homepage just refreshes itself when I try to login, so I can't get into my dashboard at all. This one normally resolves itself in an hour or so.

I really wish they'd stop trying to make their site looks so fancy and just make it work. This is so frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2014, 03:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I have also had problems there, though they are usually short lived. I think like a week ago I couldn't open an assignment, but luckily it wasn't due yet, so I worked on something else and came back an hour later and it was fine. So weird, and it's so hard not to freak out when I open the payments tab and it says "no payments to display" lol. Oh and recently I couldn't open an attachment for an assignment on my PC, but the Mac version worked fine, so I had to open it on my MacBook and copy and paste the info to put in Dropbox so I could finish the article of my PC. Frustrating! It has gotten worse since the summer, when they made some changes, so I agree with you that I would rather it just worked than looked great.

Last edited by Kiernansmom; 11-18-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, I definitely noticed a lot more issues after they made the changes. While I like some of the changes, there are many glitches with the website that seem to be ongoing.

On another note, right after I filled my queue up with editing jobs, my internet decided to go out. My husband had a math exam due in three hours, and my edits were due in two hours. After attempting to restart the internet problem, we had to go to my parents' house to finish up the work--they live 45 minutes away.

It's been interesting evening, that's for sure.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:34 AM
WAHM Regular

I notice a lot of minor but annoying bugs in the Scripted interface. I see a lot of what I call "ghost jobs" - jobs that hang around on the dashboard after they've already been claimed/submitted, and which send you to the login page if you try to click on them. These usually disappear within a few hours.

The spell-checker is incredibly slow. I generally go and make tea or edit another job while I'm waiting for it to complete. And most of the "errors" that it flags up are correctly spelled words (which it recommends I change to the exact same word!) or random parts of words - e.g. it highlights the "ong" in "strong" and then tells me that "ong" isn't a word. Well, yes! I know! That's why I'm not using it as a word!

The support team are usually helpful (or at least keen to help, even if they don't provide a solution), although so slow to respond that I figure they must be very busy, so I generally only bother reporting things that actually make it impossible to complete work.

On the other hand, the site actually works on mobile, whereas a lot of other writing sites (I'm looking at you, Zerys) are awful when displayed in a mobile browser. So I'm not complaining too much

Last edited by springtulip; 11-21-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:07 PM
WAHM Regular

I had a terrible experience after I posted this the other day. I was editing, and I had two different editing jobs that wouldn't submit at all. The spell checker hung up and wouldn't complete. They were eventually removed from my queue, and I got messages saying I "flaked" on the jobs. I emailed support, and I originally got the stock response they always send. But they sent another message saying they'd fixed the situation, and they eventually added the pay for the articles to my account.

I've experienced all the glitches you've mentioned. The spell checker is really the biggest annoyance. It's wrong 99% of the time, and those sections of words it highlights as incorrect are confusing as heck. Sometimes they look like real words, and I'm thinking "when did I type 'lade'?" Then I'll figure out it was just the end of accolade or some craziness.

I do think part of the problem is a short staff over there. I talk to the same three or four people consistently. They send all my editor emails, support emails, writer emails, etc. It doesn't seem like enough people for such a large operation, but I'll stick around as long as I get paid.