Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd Content View Post
Hi Roshan, thanks so much for your response, but, unfortunately, we are only accepting writers from English speaking countries like the US, Canada, UK, AU, and NZ at this time. We wish you luck finding other opportunities.
1) India is a English speaking country. It is our official language.
2) Would have appreciated mails stating that I am not selected instead of mails saying that I would receive an invitation in 2 days. Why not say that straight up and save some of our time.

Here is the content of the last mail that I had received around 4-5 days back:

Hi Roshan,

We will have to send you a new invitation. You will receive it within the next two business days.

Once you receive it please log in with your PayPal credentials. If you have questions or concerns about this you can view this page: WorkStation PayPal log in : Workforce Support There is also a WorkStation Walk-Through located here: A Walk-Through of WorkStation : Workforce Support This will explain how everything works and how to move around within WorkStation.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thank you,

Ticket: Sign into : Workforce Support

Jeanne
Workforce Team
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2014, 10:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshangjha View Post
1) India is a English speaking country. It is our official language.
2) Would have appreciated mails stating that I am not selected instead of mails saying that I would receive an invitation in 2 days. Why not say that straight up and save some of our time.

Here is the content of the last mail that I had received around 4-5 days back:

Hi Roshan,

We will have to send you a new invitation. You will receive it within the next two business days.

Once you receive it please log in with your PayPal credentials. If you have questions or concerns about this you can view this page: WorkStation PayPal log in : Workforce Support There is also a WorkStation Walk-Through located here: A Walk-Through of WorkStation : Workforce Support This will explain how everything works and how to move around within WorkStation.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thank you,

Ticket: Sign into : Workforce Support

Jeanne
Workforce Team
Hi Roshan, I can see where the confusion is coming from now. The email you have posted is from a company called CrowdSource.com. This thread is about Crowd Content, which is a completely separate company. I recommend contacting CrowdSource.com directly to sort out your issue. Best regards.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Hi Roshan, I can see where the confusion is coming from now. The email you have posted is from a company called CrowdSource.com. This thread is about Crowd Content, which is a completely separate company. I recommend contacting CrowdSource.com directly to sort out your issue. Best regards.

OOPS!! Sorry. Thanks for being patient.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Registered WAHM

I'm sorry, but these are articles that pay around $5. However in the example of a "perfect" article, it's clear that the writer did at least an hour of research into the local area. I don't think it's fair to offer peanuts and expect perfection. Especially when you only hire US writers, who can't hope to live on an income like that.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah, I would be happy to complete the orders if they paid more. They don't seem like they're worth my time right now so I just can't bring myself to do them.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Registered WAHM

The pay is far less than desirable for a writer with any skill and experience. I suppose if someone is in desperate need of income-it's possible that this may be a good addition. It's not something that stokes my creative juices though :-) Good luck to everyone applying. It may be a good extra egg to have in the basket when the fair paying articles are slow.

Last edited by missmistywah; 10-27-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Agree with the last three comments I'm afraid. I do minimum 3 star work on CC, I know when the emails came out about this big order the stance was that because there were so many articles they were only 1 star pay, but that's OK because there were so many of them.

That doesn't make sense to me!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Hi Devi, unfortunately, Crowd Content does require a proper profile photo to join as a writer. Thanks!
And yet, you don't allow writers to use their real names on their profiles. My picture is already associated with my real name. Why would I make every other writing profile I have look illegitimate by associating it with someone else's name?
Old 10-28-2014, 09:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilykf View Post
Agree with the last three comments I'm afraid. I do minimum 3 star work on CC, I know when the emails came out about this big order the stance was that because there were so many articles they were only 1 star pay, but that's OK because there were so many of them.

That doesn't make sense to me!
Hi Emily (and others with the same comment), you're right. The price point is not great for this particular batch of orders. We are a marketplace where clients have the ability to choose price (with some guidance) -- and this is where this particular client ended up placing his orders. These orders aren't for everyone, but they can be a good starting point for new writers to help them establish a reputation on the platform and move up the ranks. Having said that, although there is a high volume of these lower paying jobs at the moment, we regularly see 4 Star orders placed everyday which pay very competitively (often higher) when comparing to other networks. Best regards.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Having said that, although there is a high volume of these lower paying jobs at the moment, we regularly see 4 Star orders placed everyday which pay very competitively (often higher) when comparing to other networks. Best regards.
I totally agree with that, for anyone who's wondering whether Crowd Content is worth it - it's the only site of its ilk that I use because there are orders worth writing for topping up your income.