Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Default The Real Truth About HireWriters.Com. Don't Waste Your Time!

WAHM is one of the best forums that I have discovered since I began writing in my spare time. I have learned so much! I really appreciate the members on this site for being helpful and candid. I have finally decided to sign-up as a member.

I just want to share my experience with HireWriters.Com. Experienced writers should know to stay clear of this site. Newbie writers may fall for their trap.

I have written for several popular content mills. HireWriters is one of the worst!

Here are the problems with this site:

Low...Low...Low...Paying Rates

Did I say that HireWriters offer low paying rates to their writers? They offer $3.08 for a 500 word article! Wow, that doesn't equate to one cent per word. You must be considered an top tier writer in order to get at least one cent per word. It is very difficult to get to that level. I will explain in a minute.

How much money is the site owner taking out of each completed assignment if the writers are only making peanut shells (not peanuts)? Average writers should at least make one cent per word. Not at this site!

Case in point, you should expect to be paid $1.50 for a rewritten 300 word article. Not at this site. You will only get 96 cents.

Weird Customers

Many weird customers can be found at this content mill. What are these people looking for? What do these people want? These are the questions you will ask yourself after they turn down clean articles (subject based, proper grammar, no spelling mistakes, etc.).

Customers can ask for a revision. Do they? Only two out of ten times will they ask for a revision. Eight out of ten times, your work will be turned down without any explanation. Wow, you can work hard to pump out a 500 word article and have your work denied without an explanation. Real professionals do not treat content providers in this manner.

I had one customer send me a message filled with profanity. He or she was upset that I asked them if they were happy with my writing after I submitted an article. This individual replied, "Shut the *$% up! You just concentrate on writing"! Again, Wow!

Customers at this site can make it difficult for you to move up the ranks for the one cent articles. Some of them will unfairly give you low ratings. This hurts your pay!

It makes me chuckle to see people who can't spell (you will see spelling errors in some of their written requests) make an attempt to judge someone's writing ability.

Long Approval Process

It can take up to three days for your article to be accepted by the customer. Wow, it can take up to three days to get paid for an article that pays less than one cent per word. LOL.....The majority of the customers at this site are not in a hurry to pay for their content.

How Much Can You Make in a Week?

LOL...Do you really want me to answer this question. I would say twenty bucks if you are lucky. The long approval process and the low wages makes it extremely difficult for you to make enough to fill up your gas tank. Gas is over three bucks per gallon in my area.

Paying for your monthly hosting fee is the only advantage of writing for this site. Monthly hosting fees are anywhere from ten to fifteen bucks. You should be able to muster this amount from this site. LOL....

Do yourself a favor. Find a better and higher paying content mill. As a matter of fact, you will be better off with finding and cultivating relationships with private clients who need content on a regular basis. They are out there people! It will take some work, but you can find them.

Stay motivated. Don't settle for the peanut shells being offered by HireWriters and other content mills that are not in your corner!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2014, 02:53 PM
WAHM Regular

I know what you're talking about...I gave up on this site about a week after I signed up for it. It seems dishonest that you can be asked to write an article that is longer than specified in the description, or face having it rejected.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:14 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for that. I was just about to sign up with them, but did a Google search on the company, and this came up. I admit I was really tempted to join because the opportunities looked good. Could anyone be able to tell me of any sites that are like HireWriters.Com, but treat the writer more fairly?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:23 AM
WAHM Regular

I agree with a lot of what you said, except you don't have to deal with clients who are unreasonable. The site makes it clear which clients are easy to work with. Some have 100 percent approval rates and some like 30 percent.

I wrote three articles there but stopped because, as you said, the clients seem to be able to put any article count they want into the directions. Easily more than half of the articles on the list at any given time are like that. Just now I looked at one in the 500+ category, and the directions say it has to be 700 words at least. But there's a separate category for 700+.

There also are plenty at any given time that say, for instance, they need at least 690 words when the article is in the 500+ category. It's the category system that's the main problem there, and also that the site owners don't seem to care about this issue. I wrote them once about word counts in the directions being higher than the category specifies, and they said to tell them when I see this sort of thing, but most of the listings are like that.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered WAHM

I know what you mean about Hirewriters. I used to write for them in 2013. Back then their standard seemed to be much higher than it is now, with higher pay. I can actually remember getting paid $6 just for rewrites on a few occasions, and mostly over $4 for 500 word articles!
Occasionally, I log in to see if there is a job worth doing, but the highest pay I see is $1.15.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:27 PM
WHAM Me You

Well, business is business.
Thats their business so we cant do nothing about that.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Registered WAHM

I was about to sign up with hirewriters.com as a client, not a writer. I wanted to have my short articles for my blog to get proofed, re-written or even written from scratch. Pricing on their website is attractive and at the same time ridiculously low. These prices make me very happy as a client, but I am not sure I would have been as happy if I were a writer. It is difficult for me to write my own articles in English properly, as my native language is Russian. So, after coming across Hirewriters.com first and then across unhappy writers' reviews I decided that I would rather pay this money to one of few writers directly, rather than through a not very honest website. So, if any of you guys want to try me and let me try you, get in touch, please. You probably will not get rich off me, but you will not get ripped off either.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Want short articles for a blog, Looking to work with writers directly

I was about to sign up with hirewriters.com as a client, not a writer. I wanted to have my short articles for my blog to get proofed, re-written or even written from scratch. Pricing on their website is attractive and at the same time ridiculously low. These prices make me very happy as a client, but I am not sure I would have been as happy if I were a writer. It is difficult for me to write my own articles in English properly, as my native language is Russian. So, after coming across Hirewriters.com first and then across unhappy writers' reviews I decided that I would rather pay this money to one of few writers directly, rather than through a not very honest website. So, if any of you guys want to try me and let me try you, get in touch, please. You probably will not get rich off me, but you will not get ripped off either. my email gen4505@gmail.com
Old 02-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered WAHM

I've been signed up on this site over 2 weeks, and have had no issues, so I really don't know where you're coming up with this information. The prices are up to the clients to decide, and nobody forces you to write an article for them. Secondly, "two out of ten times" they ask for revision? Is it possible that you just weren't completing it to the specified standards? I've gotten nothing but positive reviews from clients upon completion, and not a single profane message sent. Just because you had an unpleasant experience does not mean you should bash an entire site. Freelance is a tough job, that's all.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspieBear View Post
I've been signed up on this site over 2 weeks, and have had no issues, so I really don't know where you're coming up with this information. The prices are up to the clients to decide, and nobody forces you to write an article for them. Secondly, "two out of ten times" they ask for revision? Is it possible that you just weren't completing it to the specified standards? I've gotten nothing but positive reviews from clients upon completion, and not a single profane message sent. Just because you had an unpleasant experience does not mean you should bash an entire site. Freelance is a tough job, that's all.
Hi,

I happened to notice your post, and thought I'd reply. I hope you continue to have good experiences at HireWriters.

While the pay is low, and work is often scarce, it's been very helpful to me when work at my usual company is slow. Although the company I've been with for years is my #1 priority, I've made nearly $500 by simply picking up articles here&there. Managed to go from beginner to expert within the first couple of weeks, and in the 104 articles I've written there's only been one grumbly client that gave a one-star rating (he said I wasn't creative), and only one who asked for revisions (wanted material that wasn't in the original instructions). Most have given 5-star ratings, quite a few bonuses, and even one double bonus.

So, from my POV, it's a good place to make a few extra dollars. If you're willing to do a lot of articles in the $3 range, and not hold your breath for $11+ orders, you can find work almost consistently.

Tags
hire writers, hirewriters, hirewriters.com