Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
I got banned from editing the overstock project for being too lenient. Throwing in the occasional rejection is probably a way for editors to avoid their acceptance rates from getting too high.
For real Springtulip???? That explains a whole lot.

Now that I think of it, I believe that I stood for too many of my articles being rejected. (There weren't a lot of them, by the way. I looked at my work history and even before I was reinstated my percentage was about 97). There's this one editor over there who will ding you for stuff that's not even in your article. I think I've found out how to fix her wagon (I think it's a she) but you never know. She might reject an article simply on general principle.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 06-30-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Super WAHM

Welp, got bumped from the project over at OneSource or whatever they're calling themselves now. I think I got bumped cause the admin or whoever the devil she is was offended by my contesting the rejections.

She told me I wasn't getting better since I was reinstated (a baldfaced lie, I was much better than when I began), and my acceptance rate wasn't as good as it looked. Huh?

She just wanted to bump me. Fine. Don't need to get my blood pressure up over product descriptions. Imagine finding new and clever action verbs for figurines of Minnie and Mickey Mouse.

There's some more interesting projects over there that I might check out. Even though I'm overall not very happy with OneSource right this minute.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:43 PM
WAHM Regular

What other projects do they have going? I haven't been there in a while.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Super WAHM

Listicles and 300 word thingies and 350 word things you have to find images for. By the way, the Overstock thing is going to be overhauled some kind of way. Bet they were tossing too many writers off the project and keeping too many lousy editors. So there's not going to be another drop till Friday at the earliest, and maybe not till Monday.

Hate to indulge in Schadenfreude but -- if they kick writers like me off a project like that, trouble was inevitable.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Super WAHM

... and trouble came.

Looks like Overstock or OneSource or both simplified the tasks but also cut the pay rate about 75 percent. The writers left on that project are tearing their hair out, and they have to write so quickly to make any money that they're making lots of unforced errors which result in fails which will ultimately result in them getting kicked off. Then what? I'm glad I was kicked off before all this happened.

Unfortunately, there's NO work over there on any project. Don't exactly know what's happening overall but I think the admin over there is just not very competent, even as the writers take care to praise her to the skies for fighting for them, or sump'm.

Any writers from the Overstock project wanna comment?
Old 07-19-2016, 04:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I thought OneSpace was supposed to launch their new client services product or whatever in June or July. The whole thing with the profiles and clients picking teams and all of that.

I check over there once in a while but never see anything except the find images jobs. No thanks.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Super WAHM

I don't even know what those client services are. Whatever they are, they sure aren't being launched because there's NOTHING over there most of the time. Even when they have a drop of 1,000 or so PDs they are gone within a couple of hours like locusts devouring the wheatfields.

I want to tell those other writers, 'Told you so,' but I can't, because they're just too miserable.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:54 PM
WAHM Regular

They were supposed to be rolling out some SaaS product this summer I thought. That was the reason for the rebranding and securing funding and all of that. New opportunities and bright sunny futures for all! Or maybe not.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Super WAHM

I'll believe it when I see it. They're having enough problems with the Overstock stuff.

Tags
crowdsource.com, freelance article writer, plagiarism, writing