Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Scripted Email for eBay Projects

Did anyone on this forum get an email today about the eBay projects for Scripted? It states that the project is on hold and mentions "partial compensation." I have over $1000 worth of work in this project, and it makes me really nervous. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten paid for their work yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2014, 05:26 PM
WAHM Regular

I was really hoping someone here would know something about this project. Scripted is giving me the run around big time, and I'm wondering if the company is unstable. Has anyone here worked with Scripted before? This was a huge project--I saw thousands of articles posted in the past month or so. Surely someone else has been affected by it? I'm new to freelance writing, and this is making me nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:30 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I didn't get the email and have only written a couple of those articles. But I have edited a lot of them and was hoping for more. From editing, it seemed like only a handful of writers were writing those articles because a lot of them had the same style, so you might not see a lot of fellow eBay writers on here. Anyway, I have worked for Scripted for a few years and have had very few payment issues. It is a stable company. I would hope you're paid for the work you've already done since it's not your fault that the project has been put on hold, but yeah, the partial compensation phrase would make me nervous, too. I hope it gets cleared up and you get the whole payment soon! Scripted is usually pretty fair about things, so I'd be surprised if you didn't get the money you're owed.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks. That makes me feel a bit better. I've been editing the articles, too, and I have noticed some trends with the writing styles. (You may have even edited some of my stuff.) I think I'm going to finish the ones in my queue, but I doubt I'll take any more of these until this situation is cleared up. They keep saying I'll be paid "once the client accepts." But with the other articles being on hold, that phrase really makes me nervous. Thanks for your response.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:21 AM
WAHM Regular

I've been working on this project as both a writer and editor, and haven't receive this email. What exactly did it say?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 AM
WAHM Regular

It's specifically for the Australia articles. I'm assuming the U.S. ones aren't affected.

It says:

Hello,

I wanted to check in with you regarding eBay posts currently claimed in your account for projects under the businesses titled "eBay AUS" and "eBay AUS Edits."

For the time being, we need to place a hold on all unfinished projects in the system. Please stop all work immediately, as there may be some guideline changes that need to occur.

As always, we value your time and effort and are working to ensure you're provided proper information to complete each project successfully. If you have already completed work on one of these assignments, please email me all completed content on the assignment by 8pm PST today. All work emailed to me by this time will be considered for partial compensation based on work completed. Please note, work will not be considered if it is emailed after this time.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Josh

I'm assuming it's okay to paste the message in its entirety here. It looks like it was sent to everyone that's worked on the project so far. I've asked them three times if we are still getting paid for the articles, and they won't give me a straight answer. They haven't replied to two of the messages at all, but they keep pushing me to finish the work in my queue.

The whole project has been handled poorly, in my opinion. I'm afraid that they bit off more than they could chew with this one. The odd thing is that I've completed the exact (literally, exact) same type of articles for a different site, and they weren't nearly as picky. I was paid very quickly for those, though it was half as much as Scripted pays. At this point, though, I think the amount of trouble isn't worth the extra money.

I'll update if I hear back or reach any sort of resolution. I would appreciate any additional information anyone else can provide, because this is quite a bit of money that I've got invested in this work.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Josh replied and said that all work completed by yesterday will be paid as usual. I hope they pay quickly; this project has made me a nervous wreck.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:20 PM
WAHM Regular

How difficult is it to get on with Scripted?
Old 07-25-2014, 08:04 PM
WAHM Regular

I've heard people say it's hard, but I didn't think it was bad at all. One reviewer said that it kind of depends on how many writers they need right then, and I could definitely believe that. The site seems rather disorganized, in my opinion.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Scripted.com? More like Scream.com! I haven't been working on the project you are discussing but the guys at Scripted seem to have changed the keywords for my article since I last logged in, meaning that my "finished" article is now irrelevant and needs a complete overhaul! I'm not amused.

Last edited by Write; 07-26-2014 at 02:19 PM.