Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
What happens if an article is flagged? I, stupidly, missed the 'third person' part of the guidelines, and so several of my Aus articles were flagged. It won't take me long to correct them, but they've been sitting there flagged for some time now. Will they be returned to me, or is there a different procedure for these articles?
An editor flagged for that? I've been fixing third person to second person on articles I edit. Guess I'm working too hard!

When an article is flagged by an editor, it goes to the Scripted internal review team. It will eventually come back to you, but it could take a while.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
An editor flagged for that? I've been fixing third person to second person on articles I edit. Guess I'm working too hard!

When an article is flagged by an editor, it goes to the Scripted internal review team. It will eventually come back to you, but it could take a while.
I kind of have a system in my head for how much work I will fix. I kind of wish Scripted would give us more guidelines for this, but they don't, so I just made up my own.

If it's easy stuff to fix, like links or tags or grammar or spelling, then I fix it. If it's big stuff like a lot of second person (more than twenty minutes worth of correction work) or just terrible writing, then I flag it. I really don't want to spend more than 20 minutes editing an article, since I can write one in an hour. It's just not worth the money.

I don't think many editors are willing to do that much work, though. I've had stuff come back that literally had a line that needed to be cut out--and that's it. They took the time to highlight the line and make a note telling me to remove it, but they didn't just remove it themselves. It's pretty odd.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannie View Post
I kind of have a system in my head for how much work I will fix. I kind of wish Scripted would give us more guidelines for this, but they don't, so I just made up my own.

If it's easy stuff to fix, like links or tags or grammar or spelling, then I fix it. If it's big stuff like a lot of second person (more than twenty minutes worth of correction work) or just terrible writing, then I flag it. I really don't want to spend more than 20 minutes editing an article, since I can write one in an hour. It's just not worth the money.

I don't think many editors are willing to do that much work, though. I've had stuff come back that literally had a line that needed to be cut out--and that's it. They took the time to highlight the line and make a note telling me to remove it, but they didn't just remove it themselves. It's pretty odd.
I've had the same experience lol. I've had to roll my eyes at some simple edit requests, because it was something that the editor could have easily fixed. And I agree with you on what to flag. I have had to flag articles for really bad writing or missing sections. But generally, I fix the links, tags, and point of view since it doesn't take me long.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannie View Post
I really wish there were written editor guidelines for Scripted. I recently found this webinar (through a Google search - there's no link from the Scripted dashboard or anywhere sensible on the site) which kind of blew my mind, but I'm still often unsure how much to fix. The video says the copy should be "clean" before flagging, but some articles are nearly impossible to get into that state because the writer clearly doesn't speak English very well. Plus, having to listen through a 20-minute video every time I want to remind myself of something isn't really ideal.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:50 AM
WAHM Regular

On the topic of Scripted, does anybody know what score you have to be at in order to claim jobs earlier than others? I'm currently at 88 (I was at 89, but had a point deducted when an article I asked to be removed due to insufficident guidlines wasn't), and am half-hoping that I just need to get to 90, though 95 is more likely.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
On the topic of Scripted, does anybody know what score you have to be at in order to claim jobs earlier than others? I'm currently at 88 (I was at 89, but had a point deducted when an article I asked to be removed due to insufficident guidlines wasn't), and am half-hoping that I just need to get to 90, though 95 is more likely.
I have no idea, though I wish I did. My score is really low right now, and I'd like to know how high it needs to be to grab articles quickly. I read a review online where the person said they have 100, but still can't grab articles for 24 hours. That would be crazy, though.

The site says that your score will go up if you submit articles 24 hours early, but that hasn't happened for me. It has, however, gone down for articles that were submitted "late." The due date for the articles had already passed when I grabbed them, so they told me they would correct the score. They did change it, but left it one point lower than it had been previously.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
You are. There is one editor who flags every little thing and doesn't change anything.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
You are. There is one editor who flags every little thing and doesn't change anything.
In the last couple of days, an Editor Handbook has been published which specifically says that editors should revise the piece from second to third person (or whatever the job instructions say) rather than flagging. Hopefully you'll see an improvement soon!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Where can I find the handbook? I Googled it and looked on the blog and didn't see it.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:49 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The handbook was emailed to the editors, so if you edit projects, maybe email scripted and ask for it.