Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 05:36 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Good Content Mills

I thought we could weed the good out from the bad and since there's already a "bad" thread, here's the "good" 1
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Banned

I think I'll keep my good ones to myself. I don't need them bled dry.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Banned

Sorry; not blabbing here either. I went to a lot of trouble to seek out work and won't be giving it away.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Super WAHM

Well Brenda, I'll blab -- a little. E-lance looks interesting even though I haven't written anything for them yet because the client has seen fit to take forever to make up his mind about when he's gonna start his writing project. But it looks like you can make a bit of money there if you play your cards right.

I have no idea about Writers Domain but I heard that if you get your foot in the door the pay is very good. Don't know if they have crazy eds over there though. I know that Demand Studio has crazy eds but they also pay pretty well. They also have a rep for firing writers en masse. So take your chances and good luck!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini View Post
To be honest, mini, I used to think you were perhaps a little...um, overly focused...on this topic (I lurked here for years before actually registering), but I have to admit that now, I totally get what you're saying. The competition among writers is more intense than ever, and this is due to a variety of factors. I don't mind sharing a tip now and then, but I can't afford to do it for thousands of lurkers. A lot of great info is contained in this forum, but gleaning it certainly takes some desire and footwork.

I also agree with Fairbanks' point: I've put a lot of work and trouble into finding the work I currently have available. Finding this kind of work is more work than the work itself!

I still consider TB to be more good than bad. I think some of the clients are unrealistic (and a few are probably somewhat shady), but I move past them quite easily. I don't really know how I feel about the teams, as I have yet to accept the invitations I've received thus far. However, TB pays like clockwork, and they have always treated me well. That's more than I can say about a couple of my other eggs.

Last edited by LuvWAHLife; 05-26-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Banned

Just wanted to clarify that my comment wasn't directed at you personally, Brenda. There always seem to be so many lurkers on this forum, though, and most of them are here looking for new eggs. Look how many views this thread alone has gotten since you posted it...

Last edited by Fairbanks; 05-26-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvWAHLife View Post
To be honest, mini, I used to think you were perhaps a little...um, overly focused...on this topic (I lurked here for years before actually registering), but I have to admit that now, I totally get what you're saying. The competition among writers is more intense than ever, and this is due to a variety of factors. I don't mind sharing a tip now and then, but I can't afford to do it for thousands of lurkers. A lot of great info is contained in this forum, but gleaning it certainly takes some desire and footwork.

I also agree with Fairbanks' point: I've put a lot of work and trouble into finding the work I currently have available. Finding this kind of work is more work than the work itself!

I still consider TB to be more good than bad. I think some of the clients are unrealistic (and a few are probably somewhat shady), but I move past them quite easily. I don't really know how I feel about the teams, as I have yet to accept the invitations I've received thus far. However, TB pays like clockwork, and they have always treated me well. That's more than I can say about a couple of my other eggs.
When I first joined here, sharing income streams was common. People would even post alerts letting people know work was available at a mill. Those types of things made little sense to me.

Even if you got your work for the day, what about tomorrow? Just shut up already.

People called me rude, but I persisted. Little by little, I turned more people to the dark side. I guess they'd rather have money than Internet friends.

There's nothing like having a nice place to turn to during a PC drought or if a client flakes. Mills keep the money coming in until you get another PC. They are also great for extra income when you need it. It's like picking up OT. Have a car problem? Forget dipping into your savings, just do some extra mill work for the money.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini View Post
There's a very similar situation on a local fishing discussion board I'm on. Many members have stories of dozens of fishermen showing up at a particular spot a day or two after someone on the board posted a success story for that spot. Apparently there are many hundreds of lurkers who look for tips like that instead of taking the time to learn when/where/how to fish successfully.

There the proper etiquette is to say you caught X fish using X lures in X conditions but you never say exactly where, better not to name the body of water, either.

Now if you REALLY want to see jealous guardianship of secrets, ask those guys where they find their morel mushrooms.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:19 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
Just wanted to clarify that my comment wasn't directed at you personally, Brenda. There always seem to be so many lurkers on this forum, though, and most of them are here looking for new eggs. Look how many views this thread alone has gotten since you posted it...
I didn't think it was since I've been here for going on 10 years now LOL
Old 05-27-2014, 07:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scioto View Post
Now if you REALLY want to see jealous guardianship of secrets, ask those guys where they find their morel mushrooms.
Oh yeah!

Closed Thread