Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
Those of you who are posting anything that you can find just to annoy Mini and a few others should stop and think about the harm you could be causing writers who are looking for work. I lost my rent money last fall to that site you posted, Michelle.

Why didn't you edit it out, by the way?
The few people posting links are only trying to help writers that may need more gigs. It's as simple as that. We are not trying to backstab you or annoy you. I am not selling or promoting any "make money writing" eBooks. Go to any writer's job board and you'll see lots of prospective jobs posted. Does this mean the owner of the site has written for and did a background check on each of them? Heck no. Especially when it comes to Craigslist positions, you're always told to proceed with caution. I think that's pretty much common sense in this business.

I don't write for Bubblews, but I've seen both praise for this company and people claiming they stole their earnings. Go figure.

I will edit my post once again to appease you. The only thing I question is if this company caused you so much grief, why didn't you at least post about them in the bad sites thread? If someone stole my earnings, I would report them to Google, PayPal, etc. Why is the site still active? I see they have a Facebook page too.

I haven't written for hundreds of different content mills. These days I rarely utilize them at all. I
was simply providing links to sites that may or may not be a good opportunity for new writers.

I will not post any new links until late in the week. Until then, feel free to complain and make accusations about me.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

I don't understand your preoccupation with what I post, but I'll go ahead and tell you why I didn't post about the scam site you shared here, just like I told you why I didn't "chime in" about Interact or wherever -- until you posted it, I didn't even remember its name. I'm surprised that it would even be on anyone's radar as a writing site -- it's never mentioned anywhere along with the others....

Don't think for a minute that this site wasn't reported to PayPal -- and I eventually got my money back

I have no idea why the website is still live. Maybe because it's located in Pakistan. Their FB page is dead, and I'm pretty sure their company is as well. The same scammers are still out there, though. I'm guessing it's the same bunch that posted the recent scam post here concerning the WD articles.

Anyway, I think that the OP was looking for positive personal experiences with different sites, and I hope she received some good private messages concerning those. Anyone can Google content sites and post lists.

Last edited by Fairbanks; 06-02-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:33 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
Anyway, I think that the OP was looking for positive personal experiences with different sites, and I hope she received some good private messages concerning those. Anyone can Google content sites and post lists.
Actually, that's what I was looking for but haven't received a single PM
Old 06-02-2014, 04:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieJ View Post
You don't think ANY are good? Ever?

I just mean that they won't do anything for your career. They are a crutch or a stepping stone, nothing more.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMBrenda View Post
Actually, that's what I was looking for but haven't received a single PM
I don't think I can tell you anything that you don't already know. I'll PM you in a few and tell you what's worked for me, but there are only a couple that I use and you probably already know about them.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjCharles View Post
I just mean that they won't do anything for your career. They are a crutch or a stepping stone, nothing more.
They provide a way to make money.

I figure a "good" content farm pays what it says it will when it says it will, and treats its contractors with respect. Even better, it has tons of work available all the time.

Closed Thread