Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Banned

Default Amazing -- Textbroker Client Expects "Expert Level" Work

Is this sort of thing typical of Textbroker? I saw an order there where the client wanted an article about where to go on vacation with your pet. I thought it sounded like a fun thing to write -- until I saw the instructions.

They wanted photographs, which Textbroker doesn't provide a payment option for, and they snarled something about rejecting the article if it wasn't written by an expert. Really?

I'm at a loss as to why anyone writes there.

Last edited by Fairbanks; 05-13-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 04:50 PM
WAHM Regular

I actually put that client on my blacklist, so I could wade through the OOs without wasting time reading the orders. They all ended on that note ("must be expert quality" - or wording that was very similar to that). All of the orders I saw by that client also required images.

I'll probably take the client off my blacklist later because in the future, I may wish to consider writing orders for that client. However, I'll only consider them if the requirement of photos is dropped or if appropriate compensation for supplying them is offered.

When I saw the orders, I had the general impression that the client was referring to an expectation of expert level writing, regardless of the topic. While I think that's a bit much to expect of L4 writers being paid 1.4 cents per word, perhaps the client has paid for writing in the past that was way below par. He or she may be overstating the expectation to prevent that from happening again. (I truly believe some of the clients at TB have been burned by very poor writing via content sites that charge even less than TB - still, "you get what you pay for" comes to mind.)

Nevertheless, the term "expert quality" (or whatever it was, exactly) gave me a good chuckle.

Last edited by LuvWAHLife; 05-13-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Super WAHM

Well, Fairbanks, it's what one does when one is on a bunch of loooong waiting lists and one does not want to write for places that are even worse. In other words, TB pays the bills for the time being. Especially now, since the OO pool looks sort of healthy for the time being. I even made money last weekend. That almost never happens.

But I know what you and LuvWAHLife mean. It's to laugh.

Once I start cooking on those other sites I signed up for, I will be more than happy to kiss TB goodbye. I can understand that some of the clients have been burned in the past, but TB oughta be ashamed of itself.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 05-13-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: grammar!!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:23 AM
WAHM Addict

I'm with you Blair Girl... I'm only writing there and 1 other site as I haven't found anywhere else to write lately.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 AM
WAHM Regular

I wrote a travel article for a client on TB that they sent back because they didn't understand what a "walled city" was, and how could the Brandenburg Gate be a "triumphal arch" when it wasn't even round?

I just removed those references and sent the piece back. That may have been the last thing I wrote for TB.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBitaThis View Post
I wrote a travel article for a client on TB that they sent back because they didn't understand what a "walled city" was, and how could the Brandenburg Gate be a "triumphal arch" when it wasn't even round?

I just removed those references and sent the piece back. That may have been the last thing I wrote for TB.
Are you serious?! Why am I asking that? Of course you are.

As for me, still waiting to hear back from the e-lance/cc/private clients crowd! Something's got to come in.

By the way, I wonder how long some of you were on a waiting list before you were allowed to write (like Writer's Domain or something).
Old 05-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

WD did say recently that they'd be putting on more writers soon I have a feeling that the waiting list has a lot of people on it, though.

In the meantime, if you want to get a feel for what WD articles are like, take a look in Textbroker's L3 pool. These are articles that WD is outsourcing.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBitaThis View Post
I know I should not be laughing at that, because I know how frustrating that must have been, but I honestly almost spit out my coffee.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post
Are you serious?! Why am I asking that? Of course you are.

As for me, still waiting to hear back from the e-lance/cc/private clients crowd! Something's got to come in.

By the way, I wonder how long some of you were on a waiting list before you were allowed to write (like Writer's Domain or something).
Blair Girl, I just sent you a PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
WD did say recently that they'd be putting on more writers soon I have a feeling that the waiting list has a lot of people on it, though.

In the meantime, if you want to get a feel for what WD articles are like, take a look in Textbroker's L3 pool. These are articles that WD is outsourcing.
Is this serious? LOL - I have written a lot of those despite being a level 4.

Some of the TO demands have gotten way to picky lately, so the level 3 orders are an easier way to make money.

Following every single demand with tons of keywords and research - then getting a revision request because the client doesn't know what pronouns are first person.

The clients need a few tutorials about placing orders IMO.