Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post

But I don't get how they can get away with being so cheap when other places pay $100 an article -- oh wait, people like me who have to settle for pot luck ...
I'll tell you exactly how they get away with it -- it's not the same writing at all.

For instance -- a recent perusal of Textbroker's forums indicates that some of their writers would probably not be able to craft a polished, professional culinary article -- and at those prices, they shouldn't be expected to produce top-level work.

Expertise sells. Filet Mignon is more expensive than spam. If you have professional experience in something or are a talented amateur, making that one of your writing niches could work out well for you.

Most Textbroker assignments appear to be for backlinks. The only way to make money with those is to be able to write them really fast.

Last edited by Fairbanks; 05-27-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Awesome WAHM

Since I have been demoted down to a 2 there is hardly any work to do.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Awesome WAHM

I like TB most of the time, but I can tell when they clean sweep the editors and marketing team with newbies because the orders dry up and strange things happen with non-managed team orders.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yeah I wish they would stop doing that. It does not help if there is no work to be done. It the site is not stable, then people will go elsewhere to get the content written.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:32 PM
WAHM Regular

The, "I'm only paying for 300 words, but please write a longer article" guys are out in force today.

Textbroker is starting to look silly at this point. They don't enforce their own rules.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Super WAHM

Get this: I just got a very long and very well written article (if I say so myself) rejected because I didn't use the exact subheadline or something. Forget that it wouldn't have made sense in the article these clowns wanted me to write -- I keep forgetting that making sense doesn't quite matter. And this was a request that was in the revision and not in the original instructions. And TB backed up the client. And then when I did some checking found an article on the internet that sounded suspiciously like what I sent these people with a few tweaks and maybe another author or two thrown in for good measure. But I sure read parts of that article that sounded a lot like me.

Notified TB about this. Haven't heard from them, even though in the past they used to get back to one right away -- that was one good thing. Wouldn't surprise me if they still stuck up for the client.

Of course, I blacklisted the client immediately -- my second or third blacklist after three some odd years at TB. And I should've blacklisted TB.

God, TB is just hateful hateful hateful. I will be SO glad when I'm not dependent on it!!! If there weren't other people who were, I would wish it would crash and burn like the bloody Hindenburg.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:43 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I haven't written there in probably a year, but it seems like it really went downhill since Christina left and they raised their prices.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Super WAHM

Downhill doesn't describe it. How I despise the place now!

And why not? They clearly despise their writers.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 06-02-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post
Get this: I just got a very long and very well written article (if I say so myself) rejected because I didn't use the exact subheadline or something. Forget that it wouldn't have made sense in the article these clowns wanted me to write -- I keep forgetting that making sense doesn't quite matter. And this was a request that was in the revision and not in the original instructions. And TB backed up the client. And then when I did some checking found an article on the internet that sounded suspiciously like what I sent these people with a few tweaks and maybe another author or two thrown in for good measure. But I sure read parts of that article that sounded a lot like me.

Notified TB about this. Haven't heard from them, even though in the past they used to get back to one right away -- that was one good thing. Wouldn't surprise me if they still stuck up for the client.

Of course, I blacklisted the client immediately -- my second or third blacklist after three some odd years at TB. And I should've blacklisted TB.

God, TB is just hateful hateful hateful. I will be SO glad when I'm not dependent on it!!! If there weren't other people who were, I would wish it would crash and burn like the bloody Hindenburg.
I had something similar happen to me. I wrote a 3000 word article for 20 dollars. It was a good article and right on topic. The client let the article sit for 4 days. Then minutes before it was going to be auto accepted, they asked for a revision. I did the revision and resubmitted it. However when they ask for a revision, it sets the clock back another 4 days. They again let the article sit for another 4 days. Then minutes before the article was supposed to be auto accepted, they asked for a revision again, this time asking me to re write the entire article. I knew that they were just screwing with me, and I would never get paid, so I cancelled the article. TB will always side with the client, no matter how ridiculous it is.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Super WAHM

EZMoney, that sounds like Mr. 197 percent revision rate except he doesn't ask for 3,000 word articles. Hope you sold the article somewhere else and got ten times the money for it.

Still haven't heard back from TB. Even though I told them I thought I was scammed on top of everything else.

TB actually used to side with writers now and then. I guess they're so desperate for clients now they'll tolerate anything from them. And it's entirely their fault.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 06-03-2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling!