Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Super WAHM

Ugggh! I love those clients who wait till the LAST MINUTE to reject an article or ask for extensive revisions (which may even be worse).

How about trying to sell the article somewhere else, since it is yours?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Super WAHM

...and not only that, when I asked for my weekly payoff I made BUPKISS. And I feel like I've been working and working and working all week and even last weekend -- which I have -- but I got seduced by all those L3 articles that usually go for $20 at WD instead of waiting patiently for those L4s to show up. I think I literally could have made twice as much money if It'd stuck to the L4s like I should have. Arrrrgh!

When am I gonna get off of everyone's list and get hired?!?!?!?!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

WD is not currently hiring right now, so I put my name on the waiting list. Seems like they are a much better site then textbroker
Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Super WAHM

So I've heard. No wonder they're not hiring. Just hoping they start hiring soon and that they don't make me or anybody else retake that ruddy test!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:06 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmoneytoday View Post
WD is not currently hiring right now, so I put my name on the waiting list. Seems like they are a much better site then textbroker
They were...reviews are pretty mixed lately since they changed their guidelines.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Super WAHM

I'm willing to at least give them a try to get away from TB's lousy rates. I'm writing WD articles anyway it seems!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Banned

WD isn't for everyone, and a significant amount of their writers have been let go since their business model changed.

They want Textbroker L5 quality with an extra mystery ingredient they call the "wow factor." The reviewers aren't really very consistent, and there seems to have been some issues...

Nonetheless, it beats slumming around TB picking through orders for sugar-daddy dating and hookah pipes and -- did I actually see orders for different weed seed varieties in their L4 pool, or was that a nightmare?

Good luck getting on with WD. There's no way of knowing when it will be, but I have a feeling that waiting list is miles long. Here's a tip: if you've got gmail, WD emails frequently show up in the "promotions" tab for some reason, so be sure to check that regularly.

I really hate this "feature" of gmail and wish they'd stopping messing with it.

Last edited by Fairbanks; 05-16-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
WD isn't for everyone, and a significant amount of their writers have been let go since their business model changed.

They want Textbroker L5 quality with an extra mystery ingredient they call the "wow factor." The reviewers aren't really very consistent, and there seems to have been some issues...

Nonetheless, it beats slumming around TB picking through orders for sugar-daddy dating and hookah pipes and -- did I actually see orders for different weed seed varieties in their L4 pool, or was that a nightmare?

Good luck getting on with WD. There's no way of knowing when it will be, but I have a feeling that waiting list is miles long. Here's a tip: if you've got gmail, WD emails frequently show up in the "promotions" tab for some reason, so be sure to check that regularly.

I really hate this "feature" of gmail and wish they'd stopping messing with it.
I had no idea there were different seed varieties for that particular plant , and I have no idea how to research those topics plus it would be too time-consuming to try IMO.

I don't mind researching if it is something I could use for articles in the future.

Choosing stuff you know already is the best way to earn money at any writing site.

TB does need to raise rates due to the newer requirements clients are expecting.

Many teams aren't worth it either for 1.56 cents a word or less than 2 cents with numerous rewrite demands for no real reason.

My gmail doesn't do that promotion thing at all - maybe it is a good thing - lol.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Super WAHM

Nope, don't have g-mail. I took the test for WD eons ago it seems and I assume that the waiting list is miles long and everyone writing for them now is going to have to die of extreme old age before they start hiring. Anyway, I'm shooting for other eggs. Am waiting for e-lance to get back to me 'cause I put in a proposal for some nice batch of $15 articles. That's taking forever.

Yes, Fairbanks they actually wanted articles on different kinds of weed seeds. It's grotesque.

I got beguiled by those L3 articles because it was actually interesting to write about them. For example, wrote an article about kerosene. Didn't know all that about kerosene! And retaining walls! And the different types of faucets! And titanium! Did you know that it's stronger than steel (or something like that)?

All of those articles needed research even though they were fun to look up and write about. So they took much longer than the usual 400 word article I write, which I can bang out in about 20 minutes if I'm familiar with the subject. Also, something in my tiny mind forgot to remind me these were L3's at Textbroker rates.

Now I know better.

Last edited by Blair Girl; 05-16-2014 at 06:32 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Super WAHM

Default Writers Domain

Apparently, I am off the waiting list. The funny thing is that I don't even remember applying. After I saw WD had my new address, I checked my old emails. I found one from July 2013 telling me that I was now on the waiting list. So it took 10 months. Thankfully, I had forgotten I had applied.

To actually start writing for WD, you have to take (and pass) a grammar test and submit a new writing sample of "at least" 400 words. You have your choice of three topics.

I don't know if I'll bother because I have better paying work that doesn't require tests and unpaid samples.