Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Super WAHM

Default SCAM Warning: PMC Custom Content Solutions

This is a content company based out of Springfield, MO. The owner's name is Perry Miller Carpenter. I did work for them/her back in February from the 3rd through the 14th. It didn't work out so I decided to let it go. The owner agreed and said I would be paid for the work. I wasn't able to provide them with the writing style they needed. That's fine. I was told I would be paid within 30 days, although nothing like that was said when I provided the first few samples so she could determine if I would be a good fit. I did sign a contract but she claims she never got it (mailed).

Anyway, all of February passed, then all of March. I even referred another writer friend to them, thinking they would fare better than me. The friend actually did start working, and got paid too. I never got paid, although I inquired about this several, several times. I was always given an empty excuse....my articles weren't approved...there was a delay in processing...any and every excuse there was.

I finally got fed up at the end of March and started contacting different sources in Missouri about what I could do to pursue this. The amount she owes me is only $220. That's all! But I've gotten more lies...she even asked me if I would drop the complaint if she paid me. Still nothing.

I'm posting this so everyone or anyone who has been contacted by this company will steer clear of them. She advertises on CL. I don't know what her deal is, but I cannot seem to get anything from her (but lies). There is no communication, my emails are unanswered and there is an excuse for everything. I asked her to PayPal me, just as she did my referral and her excuse was that since met articles were delayed in being approved, the payment for them would come out of another account. What?? Anyway, lies after lies.

She finally told me via email on March 31st that she had sent my check certified mail directly to my home address and that I should receive it within a week. Well, as of today it's been 3 weeks and no check AND no communications. That stopped.

If this qualifies as a scam, then it is definitely a scam or it's just bad business dealings. At any rate, steer clear of this place. Here is the information to watch out for:

Perry Miller Carpenter
Springfield, MO

dba/
PMC Custom Content Solutions
PMC Content Solutions
Perry Miller
Damsel Publishing LLC/PMC Content Solutions

She also has a personal Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/perrymiller...f=ts&ref=br_tf

A LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...cmpt%3Aprimary

I don't think I've left out any information, but if I have, I'll be back on here to update. Spread the word.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 08:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Is your friend still working for her? At any rate, it sounds like a flaky or mismanaged operation.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Super WAHM

No, my writer friend is no longer working for her/them. However, she and I are both looking online for any sign of my work appearing on any of her client websites so that I can notify them of this.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:52 AM
WAHM Regular

That sounds very shady, bwright. I would also suggest filing a report at the Ripoff Report website (and maybe the BBB?), so perhaps more writers may be warned to steer clear of this person/company. I would also sue her for the money or hire a collection agency to retrieve what is owed to you. $220 is more than a small chunk of change (at least it is, to me), and that sounds just wrong to me. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Last edited by LuvWAHLife; 04-25-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright View Post
This is a content company based out of Springfield, MO. The owner's name is Perry Miller Carpenter. I did work for them/her back in February from the 3rd through the 14th. It didn't work out so I decided to let it go. The owner agreed and said I would be paid for the work. I wasn't able to provide them with the writing style they needed. That's fine. I was told I would be paid within 30 days, although nothing like that was said when I provided the first few samples so she could determine if I would be a good fit. I did sign a contract but she claims she never got it (mailed).

Anyway, all of February passed, then all of March. I even referred another writer friend to them, thinking they would fare better than me. The friend actually did start working, and got paid too. I never got paid, although I inquired about this several, several times. I was always given an empty excuse....my articles weren't approved...there was a delay in processing...any and every excuse there was.

I finally got fed up at the end of March and started contacting different sources in Missouri about what I could do to pursue this. The amount she owes me is only $220. That's all! But I've gotten more lies...she even asked me if I would drop the complaint if she paid me. Still nothing.

I'm posting this so everyone or anyone who has been contacted by this company will steer clear of them. She advertises on CL. I don't know what her deal is, but I cannot seem to get anything from her (but lies). There is no communication, my emails are unanswered and there is an excuse for everything. I asked her to PayPal me, just as she did my referral and her excuse was that since met articles were delayed in being approved, the payment for them would come out of another account. What?? Anyway, lies after lies.

She finally told me via email on March 31st that she had sent my check certified mail directly to my home address and that I should receive it within a week. Well, as of today it's been 3 weeks and no check AND no communications. That stopped.

If this qualifies as a scam, then it is definitely a scam or it's just bad business dealings. At any rate, steer clear of this place. Here is the information to watch out for:

Perry Miller Carpenter
Springfield, MO

dba/
PMC Custom Content Solutions
PMC Content Solutions
Perry Miller
Damsel Publishing LLC/PMC Content Solutions

She also has a personal Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/perrymiller...f=ts&ref=br_tf

A LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...cmpt%3Aprimary

I don't think I've left out any information, but if I have, I'll be back on here to update. Spread the word.
File a complaint with the BBB....I did for a site I was writing for because they tried to get me to sign a paper stating that "if I would not mention them publicly" (as in giving them bad rep) they would pay me my money. I let them know they "OWE" me the money, I don't have to sign anything to get the money I've earned. After the BBB got involved they paid me the money. It's free and it's certainly worth a try. They will take your case seriously. I hope this helps....Good Luck!
Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Super WAHM

I'm definitely going to file a BBB complaint. It's now May 24, 2014 and she STILL has not paid me the money she owes me!! I keep getting more and more of a run-a-round, and I'm SICK of it. Thanks for the tips.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Super WAHM

The writer friend that I told y'all about did eventually get burned too. Her post about it is here: http://www.wahm.com/forum/writing-fr...eelancers.html

Please stay away, writers!!!!

Last edited by bwright; 06-28-2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: initially wrong link
Old 07-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Default She did this to me too!

I also worked for Perry as a freelance writer, but I lasted nearly a year. Over the course of that year, she paid me fairly regularly, at least up until the last month or so. That's when I realized that she had failed to pay me for many, many articles I had turned in and were approved. By that time, I considered us friends....we spoke via email or text every day, and we were somewhat familiar with each others' personal lives.

When I told her how much she owed me (which I am embarrassed to admit was around $2200 - never again will I be so trusting and naive), she promised to make payments. Of course that never happened. It was one lie after another. I finally filed a small claims suit, which I won because she didn't show up for court. Unfortunately, there's really nothing I can do to collect, even with the judgment in my favor.