Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Essay Writing - legit or scam?

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with any of the essay writing companies? I saw one posted in craigslist and then googled but can't tell if they are legit or not.

Any scoop?

Just for reference - I write in the health field and had a full time gig which kind of went belly-up or at least on hiatus for a while so am looking for some serious fill-in. Basically anything I do right now is a paycut but some is better than none.

Thanks for the help
mel
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

I would recommend advertising your own essay writing services. I know there's one on CL that is flagging writers' posts, so they aren't competition anymore.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 AM
WAHM Regular

If you decide to apply to an essay company, be sure to research it carefully. Look for one that you can preferably verify is located in the US, Canada, UK or Australia. I've read on other forums that there are many scam companies, particularly in Ukraine and Kenya, that don't pay their writers.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:52 PM
WAHM Regular

If you're based in the U.S., please keep in mind that academic writing is illegal in 17 states -- as in illegal for the writer, not just the student who's paying someone else to do his/her homework.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:26 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett78 View Post
If you're based in the U.S., please keep in mind that academic writing is illegal in 17 states -- as in illegal for the writer, not just the student who's paying someone else to do his/her homework.
Interesting! It's a third-degree misdemeanor in my state. I never would feel comfortable doing it anyway.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
This! Since the practice itself is unethical, I wouldn't be able to trust any company that offered it.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Usually, 'essay writing' is a shortcode for academic essays, i.e., cheating for students.

Not really worth it in the long run, as it is quite unstable and you lack required context when the task is assigned to the student.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
That's a really good point I've never considered before. I don't do essay writing but I'll make sure to let friends who have considered it know about this. It makes sense when you think about it because it's essentially cheating I guess?
Old 07-15-2018, 07:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Of course legit. And as far as I know lots of people are earning a lot.

Closed Thread