Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Registered WAHM

A friend of mines has their books on kindle and they make some good money with them....when the book is bought and when it is just rented, money still comes in...and its something that he just loves to do so its a win win situation. I was thinking about it and looking at what you guys have posted in here, I think I might get started on it tonight.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes not only can you make money from book sales but you can also make money if someone "borrows" the book from Amazon. However, the book must be enrolled in Amazons KDP Select program in order to be eligible. To do that you agree to give Amazon digital exclusivity for a period of 90 days.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Registered WAHM

I'm excited to have found this thread. I've been thinking about trying my hand at ebooks for a while now, and just recently decided to get started. It's encouraging to know that so many others are having decent luck with it. Congrats to those who are doing well, and good luck to those who are just getting started. I'd love to hear experiences from more of you once you all get things rolling!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I keep it very simple.

I write my books in word. Then I use a formatting tool to format them.
I make my own covers with my cover maker software but you can easily outsource this.
Then I load it to Kindle.

It really is an amazing opportunity. I have quite a few books out now.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

I honestly haven't promoted my book other than to blog when I have time. I am consistently selling the book. I am not making thousands. I think I will need to have more books to make more money.

But what I've made from the book so far is far more than I would have made by writing the same thing for one client, which I do all the time, getting paid only once, and having to write more to get paid again. I love writing so it's fine, but writing for Kindle is another stream of income that I'm very thankful to have.

I write about 10K words a day for clients. So, I can so for sure, that instead of worrying about marketing the book right now do this:

• Write the Book
  • Edit the Book
  • Edit the Book
  • Edit the Book (yes three times)
  • Get a Professional Book Cover
  • Upload the Book
  • Create an Awesome Author's Profile (and get a better picture than mine! Getting a photo shoot next month!)
  • Blog about the Book
  • Facebook about the Book
  • Tell your Friends and Family About the Book
  • Write Another Book
  • Repeat
And then you can find out for yourself if it works and if it's worth it.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Super WAHM

You bring up some really good points, Stephanie. What I love about publishing work on Amazon is the potential for residual income. I also love to write, but I am looking at publishing from a long term perspective, as part of my retirement plan. I don't want to continue to trade my time for money, because once I stop working, the income stops, as well. I want to start building something that will continue to work for me after I retire.

The other great point you brought up was writing more books. I have talked to a number of people who do very well publishing on Amazon, and one thing they all agree on is that the best way to sell more books is to write more books. The more we have, the greater the odds that one of our titles will be discovered, and if the reader likes what they read, they may buy other titles we've written.

I see myself doing this all the time. I stumble upon a book that looks good, read it, and if I really like it, I search for other books written by that Author. I usually buy at least one more book from them, and sometimes several. I am also very disappointed when I discover the book I just read and loved is the only book an Author has.

So I tend to agree that one of the best marketing strategies is to spend less time marketing and more time writing more books.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Writing a series is one of the best ways to make money with eBook Publishing.

Or write in related niches that if a person purchases one they may purchase another.

In fiction, if you look on Amazon you can see some authors that have 12 or so books in just one series! I would suggest at least 3. Each one can sell the other.

Same with related non fiction topics, each can sell the other.

Tags
ebooks, kindle, kindle publishing