Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default FB - personal account or business page?

Not new to writing, but I'm finally getting on the bandwagon and working on my self-promo site. Already having set up my LinkedIn page, I decided to create a FB account for the purpose of social media interaction. I opted for a personal account, but now I'm afraid that I should have set it up as a business page. I wonder if I can have this account permanently deleted so that I may use my business email again, under a business page.

This has been a bit overwhelming for me. I know I can do it though!

What have you chosen to do with FB?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Writely Applied

I have a personal account to link with people and manage business pages from within it for promotional purposes.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Super WAHM

Agree. Have a personal page, but technically you're not supposed to use it for business, and while the chances are slim you could have your account deleted.
So then set up a business page and use it!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM
WAHM Regular

I had set up a personal page for my business as well and later decided to delete it and create a business page instead. I was able to delete my account and re-create one without any issues.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:49 PM
WAHM Regular

I have a personal account with a couple of pages. I follow other professionals on my personal account...wonder if I should open a business account to follow them under? I mean, it's only like three people, but it's probably limiting my networking, right?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Writely Applied

To clarify, I had a personal account and their directions are clear about not having more than one account. A business account is nothing more than an account associated with your first page you create if you don't have a personal account. They don't want you to use your personal account for business, but you can create and manage business pages from your personal account. The pages are what is supposed to be used for business purposes depending on what type of page you select not your personal account.

From reading their helps, I believe they could make this less complicated sounding somehow.

"You may create a business account if you don't already have a personal Facebook account. To get started, you will need to first create a Facebook Page.

Please be aware that managing multiple accounts is a violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use. If we determine that an individual has more than one account, we reserve the right to disable all of their accounts."
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM
WAHM Fanatic

You should have a personal page under your real name. You are not allowed to set up a personal account under a fake or business name. And you are only allowed one personal account.

From this personal page you can open business pages under your business names. No one even has to know it is you.

The advantages of a business page are many but here are a few:

1. You are allowed more than 5000 friends...with a business page it is unlimited Likes.
2. You have tabs where you can enable your email autoresponder, an Amazon store, link to pinterest and other sites as desired. With a personal account you do not have tabs.
3. You can gain insites into your customer with EdgeRank. This gives you stats on your customers. This feature is not available with a regular profile.

And there are more reasons....

If you need help, just send me a PM and I will sort you out

Last edited by LilBlackDress; 09-19-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post
You should have a personal page under your real name. You are not allowed to set up a personal account under a fake or business name. And you are only allowed one personal account.

From this personal page you can open business pages under your business names. No one even has to know it is you.

The advantages of a business page are many but here are a few:

1. You are allowed more than 5000 friends...with a business page it is unlimited Likes.
2. You have tabs where you can enable your email autoresponder, an Amazon store, link to pinterest and other sites as desired. With a personal account you do not have tabs.
3. You can gain insites into your customer with EdgeRank. This gives you stats on your customers. This feature is not available with a regular profile.

And there are more reasons....

If you need help, just send me a PM and I will sort you out
Thank you for this! For a second, I was wondering if I was violating the rules but I think I'm OK. I don't have a personal profile, just a business account.