Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

Smile TB Question

I have a TB question concerning managed teams?

I was under the impression that clients who opt for using managed teams paid TB extra for the service. Therefore, these teams tend to pay a bit more for various reasons. However, I have found managed team orders in the oo pool. In addition, the orders are from teams I belong to that I joined at a higher rate of pay. Of course, since they are in the oo pool the orders pay oo prices not team prices.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I belong to a lot of teams, I am beginning to wonder if the team orders are switched over to the queue at a lower rate on particular writer's pages.

We each have a separate writer's page after logging in - is it possible that certain team orders are placed on a writer's page at a lower rate?

The thing that bothers me about this is that writers spend a lot of time filling out team applications. If an order from that team is still going to end up in the oo pool that is a significant waste of a writer's time.

I do write at the oo level for many orders but I am just curious what the whole team thing is all about if the orders will end up in the oo pool at 1.4 cents anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Super WAHM

Perhaps they're looking for additional writers by opening a few up to the open order pool? Not sure, just speculation.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

Maybe that is possible. However, this particular team hasn't placed any team orders in several months. I am on the site for 10 to 20 hours a day checking team orders and none have popped up. Irregardless, if a team is listed at 3 cents a word and clients are paying extra for 3 cents a word writing, then why are orders in the oo pool at 1.4 cents a word? This is a managed team too. Do clients pay TB extra for the managing aspect?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success19 View Post
Maybe that is possible. However, this particular team hasn't placed any team orders in several months. I am on the site for 10 to 20 hours a day checking team orders and none have popped up. Irregardless, if a team is listed at 3 cents a word and clients are paying extra for 3 cents a word writing, then why are orders in the oo pool at 1.4 cents a word? This is a managed team too. Do clients pay TB extra for the managing aspect?
I would think that even when they have managed teams, they still have the option to place open orders at the open order rate. I don't think they're getting charged the higher rates while the work is in OO.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:32 PM
WAHM Fanatic

They had managed clients way before they had teams.

Are you sure you're seeing "managed team" orders? Or is it simply an order for a "managed client?"

I would think all managed teams would mean that the client would also be managed, but all managed clients wouldn't necessarily have to utilize team orders.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryy View Post
They had managed clients way before they had teams.

Are you sure you're seeing "managed team" orders? Or is it simply an order for a "managed client?"

I would think all managed teams would mean that the client would also be managed, but all managed clients wouldn't necessarily have to utilize team orders.
This.
That's what I was trying to say.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Banned

I have no idea of what you're seeing, but I don't get....your post, sorry. You think that you're being singled out somehow and that team orders are showing up as OOs for you so as a ruse to get you to write them less expensively?

The time it would take for a TB staff member to manually change that would more than eat up any savings incurred from scamming you.

I don't know how you can possibly tell that a team that isn't currently placing orders is placing them in the OO instead.

Just because a client has a team doesn't mean that he/she has to post all available orders in it. Maybe the client feels that placing orders in the OO is a better use of resources.

?

Last edited by Miss Aurora; 07-26-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 AM
WAHM Fanatic

It's probably just that the client has decided that instead of having his chosen team members complete certain articles for 3 cents per word, he'd rather take his chances on the open board for 1.5 cents per word (or whatever). The benefit to having a team is that you get handpicked writers. The drawback, of course, is that it costs you more money. So if the client only has $X in his budget for article-writing, it might be a better use of his funds to pay less and get more articles. That doesn't mean that he won't ever use his team again for something more important; it just means that he's free to utilize the open board if he wants to, just like any other TB client.