Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

I pulled another all nighter just like back in the college days. Just went to TB and there are 5 yes that is right 5 orders in the oo pool. I have an article that is going to get written after I get some sleep because I have computer eyeball and fingers that are not cooperating. My payout is looking good this week with more in the waiting zone.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 04:42 AM
Super WAHM

Every time I've logged in lately (including just a few minutes ago) there's a handful of somewhat complicated 4-star assignments; since TB clients can be either really great or really picky I haven't seen anything to pick up.

Good luck!

Stephanie
Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
They finally played catch up with my ratings. 41 articles were pending and 4's on all of them. What bugs me is their feedback. Every single one said that I I spelled words incorrectly and that I need to use spell check in the future. They clearly do not read the instructions to the writer first because my DO clients are from Australia and England and ask for Australian English or UK English, so the misspellings aren't misspellings at all. Then another told me the title was weak and needed fixing. Again, that was the client's demanded title, so I had nothing to do with it.
Title needed fixing? That's ridiculous. We don't even get paid for titles. I get a little frustrated when clients have demands for titles (as in the title must be unique, have 5 words, I will send a revision request if I don't like the title, etc.). Titles are free, so we shouldn't have to worry about them.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella R. View Post
Title needed fixing? That's ridiculous. We don't even get paid for titles. I get a little frustrated when clients have demands for titles (as in the title must be unique, have 5 words, I will send a revision request if I don't like the title, etc.). Titles are free, so we shouldn't have to worry about them.

YES! Most of the time if a client expects a title, I always include it in the body of the article....counting it as words I will be paid for. So, once it's ready to be submitted, you essentially see the title twice one on top of the other...lol. Most clients are ok with me including it in the body of the article. I have only had one team order revision for the title and it was actually from a managed client team (Textbroker editor/employee) requesting the revision and not the actual client. I do not work for free ever if I can at all avoid it. A catchy title requires thought and we should be paid for every single word.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Anyone make anything decent on TB today?
Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

I wrote some shorts and one long today. Got a total rewrite request from yesterday. I find myself picking up orders with obscure directions or high revision rates more now than before. Still I have been lucky this past week. I would love to see the client's view of things to understand what is going on. I am surprised with back to school, that we aren't seeing orders about clothing, backpacks, textbooks and so forth. You would think even health topics would pick up such as immunizations or head lice.

Is there a new writing site that is offering much lower rates to clients?
Old 08-09-2013, 03:59 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success19 View Post
Is there a new writing site that is offering much lower rates to clients?
I stumbled on a newer site a month ago that isn't lower priced, but the rumor is that they are telling clients if they don't feel the article is good enough, they don't have to pay the writers. I did 10 for the site and had no problems getting paid within two days of acceptance. My last four were approved quickly, but now two weeks have passed and I'm still waiting for payment on all four and email queries asking about it are getting ignored. Someone else who writes for them said they were told that it's not the company's issue if the client opts out of paying. As the number of articles on this site are skyrocketing, I have to wonder if clients are abusing the system.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Banned

What happens to the article if they do not pay? Are you finding them posted online later? That seems like a terrible policy for a company who (supposedly) wants to attract talent..
Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 AM
WAHM Addict

None of the four I wrote have been posted anywhere in the two weeks since they've been accepted, but I'm watching closely.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_bot87 View Post
Anyone make anything decent on TB today?
I can snag about one article a day right now, and I'm satisfied with that, actually, but I know others on here are used to doing a lot more. It's like shark infested waters. Orders are posted and just a little while later, they're all gone.