Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 AM
WAHM Addict

I've known other sites that start building a writing team early, so that doesn't surprise me. It gives writers time to learn the writer guide/style, and the client time to really go over applications without having to rush.

I just landed a job with a client who is hiring writers now in anticipation of a huge project that starts up in June. And this early hiring procedure made it possible for us to meet up in person, get to know each other, and form a comfortable relationship that hopefully won't lead to them ending up with flakes and me dealing with clients who suddenly have the weirdest demands in the world.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Super WAHM

I've learned my lesson with start-ups. I'm sure that many if not most of the other freelancers will have other opportunities before June, so time commitments will have changed.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancewriter View Post
I've learned my lesson with start-ups. I'm sure that many if not most of the other freelancers will have other opportunities before June, so time commitments will have changed.

I actually applied because it says on their site that there are no minimum number of articles/quotas required. I have two hourly eggs, one completely steady, one that stops and starts, and other projects that tend to slow down at certain times of the year. I'm actually looking for something to fill gaps so that I don't have to work on my steady egg all the time (and get burned out) when the less steady eggs are inactive. So this could actually work for someone like me.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 AM
WAHM Addict

I apply to many things. If the time comes and I don't have time, I'll evaluate if there's a client I need to let go or if I should turn the company down at that point.

I learned earlier this year not to slow down in applying. For three years, I had a steady client with $300 in work a week. They notified me on a Friday right after sending my invoice that they were shutting down and that they'd pay what was owed, but that there would no longer be work after that. The same day, another of my clients announced they were out of funding until April and had to put me on a hiatus again, they were about $250 a week. Because I'd had these clients for three and two years respectively, I hadn't been actively trying to land more work. Making up $550 with no notice was tough, but I did it.

I do apply for everything that interests me. If I end up overwhelmed, like I have been recently, I can slow down from there and prioritize. At least I have future options in the works if I find myself needing to fill a gap though.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

My big issue with this particular site is the lack of feedback or FAQ on the site regarding pay. One area says it is revenue share, another area talks about monthly payouts and a third talks about quick payouts. None of the areas talk about a range of pay or per word rate. That's what concerns me.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Super WAHM

We are currently going in and making some changes to the website. The information in this posting is correct. We are a new company and yes it may take up to 90 days for you to hear back from us since we are getting a lot of resumes. We are looking at about 60 to 90 days for everything to be completed and get everyone ready for this new opportunity. Please be patient and I rest assure this writing opportunity will be great for the right applicants!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
I've known other sites that start building a writing team early, so that doesn't surprise me. It gives writers time to learn the writer guide/style, and the client time to really go over applications without having to rush.

I just landed a job with a client who is hiring writers now in anticipation of a huge project that starts up in June. And this early hiring procedure made it possible for us to meet up in person, get to know each other, and form a comfortable relationship that hopefully won't lead to them ending up with flakes and me dealing with clients who suddenly have the weirdest demands in the world.
This is exactly what we are doing. We are looking to be up and running in about 90 days. We are still updating and making changes to the website. Everything that is on this ad is accurate and will be changed on the website ASAP. Everyone who sends in a resume and it passes the first review will get a chance to have a phone interview with us. This lets us get to know you and your interests in the industry that you are more comfortable in better. I hope everyone can stay patient while we get things up and running. This will be a wonderful writing opportunity for anyone that is looking for a well paying writing gig!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Awesome WAHM

I applied today. It sounds like a great opportunity. Many writers are able to write in many categories, so that may need a change on your site. As for phone interviews, I consider that an unusual requirement for online writing gigs. If a great deal of work is indeed going to be available, then you will require many writers. Most of us work for multiple employers that makes our availability vary each day. Many freelancers want a varied schedule because they have families or outside interests. I am open to writing full-time, if the pay is acceptable and there is work available.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

I applied. It definitely doesn't hurt. I do wish it was sooner than 60-90 days since I could really use the work now. Oh well, at least good things come to those who wait patiently!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success19 View Post
I applied today. It sounds like a great opportunity. Many writers are able to write in many categories, so that may need a change on your site. As for phone interviews, I consider that an unusual requirement for online writing gigs. If a great deal of work is indeed going to be available, then you will require many writers. Most of us work for multiple employers that makes our availability vary each day. Many freelancers want a varied schedule because they have families or outside interests. I am open to writing full-time, if the pay is acceptable and there is work available.
Writers are welcome to write on more than one category if they choice to. Also, the phone interview is something that is quite different and what sets us apart a bit. We want to be able to have a one on one connection with you. Also, it is very important that we know you are an expert in the industry that you are wanting to write about. There is no minmum or maximum for this opportunity. You will have the option to work as little or much as you want. Thank you for your resume submission!

Tags
content writers, freelance writer, seo, web content